Weightlifting belts aren’t just another toy for heavy gym goers, but an important piece of equipment that is vital to heavy lifting. Unfortunately for women, weightlifting was challenging for decades having to use men’s belts that were often far too big or bulky. Luckily, the weightlifting market could unveil lifting belts specially tailored for women with a variety of styles and colors. In this article, we will go over what to look for when buying your own weightlifting belt and our top 10 favorite belts that you should consider buying in the future.
What To Look For When Choosing a Weightlifting Belt
- What To Look For When Choosing a Weightlifting Belt
- 10. iiSPORT Weightlifting Belt
- 9. KCROSS Women’s Waist Trainer Belt
- 8. RitFit Weightlifting Belt
- 7. Lady Fit Weightlifting Belt
- 6. Grip Power Pads Women’s Weightlifting Belt
- 5. RIMSports Premium Weightlifting Belt
- 4. FITGIRL Weight Lifting Belt
- 3. Harbinger Women’s Nylon Weightlifting Belt
- 2. Valeo 4-Inch Padded Leather Lifting Belt
- 1. Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt, Olympic Lifting, for Men and Women
- Related Posts:
There are a few things to look out for when picking your women’s weightlifting belt:
Width: Your belt should be the same width all the way around. In general, belts are between 10 and 13 cm thick. This will provide the most comfort and best support.
Comfort: All belts will be stiff when you first purchase them. However, the fit is incredibly important. It should be snug and comfortable.
Material: The highest quality weightlifting belts are made from durable leather. This will be the strongest and longest-lasting material for a belt to be made of.
Type: There are three types of weightlifting belts: single prong, double prong, or lever. The type determines how you will secure the belt when on. Single prong belts are the most adjustable and best for most situations.
10. iiSPORT Weightlifting Belt
The iiSPORT weightlifting belt is perfect for pro lifters and are made of a strong micro fiber material to last long while wicking away sweat that can alter your performance. The belt comes in either a blue, green, or pink color of your choosing, with the ability to be easily adjusted depending on what type of exercising you are using the belt for. In addition, it also includes gel velcro straps for a more comfortable fit if you plan on using for an extended workout.
- Comes in a blue, green, or pink color
- Made from a durable microfiber material
- Easily adjustable for a variety of different exercises
- Colors fade over time
9. KCROSS Women’s Waist Trainer Belt
The KCROSS weightlifting belt is a great piece of equipment if you are focusing on weight loss due to its ability to promote sweating and burning fat. In addition to it’s lower back support, the belt is made of a durable and stretchy material which is perfect for daily use. Plus, it offers a variety of different sizes depending on your body type.
- Helps improve and control weight loss
- Enforces lower back control
- Made of a stretchier fabric for a more comfortable fit
- Can tear under heavy use
Other Topic: Top 10 Weight Lifting Belts for Men 2018 Reviews
8. RitFit Weightlifting Belt
The RitFit weightlifting belt is easily one of the best tools for beginner weightlifters on the market. With a built-in foam support system, it helps prevent any wear to the user’s spinal cord while lifting and prevent any strain on major muscle groups. In addition, it is highly adjustable and a perfect piece of equipment for a variety of different lifting-based workouts.
- Helps reduce spinal wear and tear
- Composed of a foam core for a more comfortable fit
- Comes in 5 different sizes
- Only ideal for beginners
7. Lady Fit Weightlifting Belt
The Lady Fit weightlifting belt is a great tool for any weightlifter due to their variety of fitting sizes. In addition, the belt serves more protection to lifter’s spinal cords with comfortable padding. Also, Lady Fit prides itself in providing lighter belts for easier portability to and from the gym. The company also includes a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy whenever you buy one of their weightlifting belts.
- Comes in a variety of different sizes
- Provides extra support to your spine
- Foam padding for a more comfortable fit
- Belt is sized too small for most people
6. Grip Power Pads Women’s Weightlifting Belt
The Grip Power Pads lifting belt give female weightlifters the support and comfort they need. It comes in a stylish pink and black or all black. This belt is an extra wide five inches to give you the maximum amount of support. It is easy to put on and take off thanks to its sure grip closure made of velcro. It is available in a variety of sizes to fit every woman.
- Easy to adjust size
- Very supportive
- Low-quality construction
5. RIMSports Premium Weightlifting Belt
This women’s weightlifting belt is ideal for any type of exercise. This belt is made out of a high-quality cotton that wicks away sweat. Exercising is extremely comfortable with this belt due to the soft texture and easily adjusted velcro grip. This belt also provides a large amount of support for user’s lower backs and abs.
- Express your style with a number of unique designs
- Gives you a safer workout
- Great value
- Not breathable
4. FITGIRL Weight Lifting Belt
This is one of the best women’s weightlifting belts out there today. The FITGIRL Weight Lifting Belt boasts a superior design made especially for women. It is super comfortable with its foam core and tricot lining. This belt is lightweight and breathable. It is reinforced with a two inch support strap that will give you even more security.
- Better for beginners than heavy lifting
3. Harbinger Women’s Nylon Weightlifting Belt
The Harbinger Women’s Nylon Weightlifting Belt was designed specifically for women. It is ultralight and measures 5 inches wide. The belt is made of nylon and is secured by velcro. It features a heavy-gauge tensioning buckle which is made of steel and makes adjusting the fit easy. The belt has a comfortable foam core and breathable tricot lining.
- Provides lots of support
- Difficult to find correct fit
2. Valeo 4-Inch Padded Leather Lifting Belt
This lifting belt is made from top quality leather that is both durable and supportive. The Valeo 4-Inch Lifting Belt also provides a lot of comfort due to its interior padding. The padding is made of foam and covered in comfortable suede. The belt is secured with a double prong buckle. It also features super high-quality construction with its double stitched edges.
- Good sizing
- High quality
- Sizing is off
1. Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt, Olympic Lifting, for Men and Women
The best women’s weightlifting belt of 2017 is the Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt. This belt can be used by both men and women and is available in a number of different colors and sizes. This belt is lightweight and breathable. It is designed to offer the most amount of back support while not inhibiting your mobility at all. The Fire Team Fit belt is also super adjustable, thanks to the velcro closure strap.
- Not restricting
- Provides excellent support
- Velcro detaches during heavy lifts
Weightlifting belts are an important piece of equipment for just about anyone’s gym bag. Fortunately for women, they can finally lift without feeling deadweight on their gut and have a more improved tool for breaking a sweat. Hopefully, with this guide, you can get a better understanding on how to pick the best weightlifting belt for your needs, as well as which ones to consider buying for yourself.