High-quality refrigerator water filters are, hands down, the most convenient way to have access to great-tasting water that is free of potentially harmful chemicals in your own home. These specially-made filters work by passing your tap water through a filter that is either made of an adsorbent material that attracts unwanted chemicals and sediments, or of a membrane with very small holes that does not allow chemicals or sediments to pass through. Investing in and maintaining a refrigerator water filter system is far less expensive than buying plastic water bottles, and it is also much more ecological. And, above all, the best refrigerator water filter is one that gets you the results that you need!
List of Refrigerator Water Filters
15. Waterdrop UKF8001 Replacement for Maytag UKF8001
This Waterdrop filter is compatible with many, many kinds of Maytag and Amana refrigerators, and it is an excellent choice overall for basic water purification. The filter is made with a specialized coconut carbon technology, which boasts high-quality purification.
- It eliminates chlorine, cysts, rust, corrosion, sediment, and turbidity.
- Water Filter is NSF-certified.
- It requires no additional tools to install.
14. Waterdrop DA29-00020B Replacement for Samsung HAF-CIN/EXP
Waterdrop also produces their filters for Samsung refrigerator models. It uses the same coconut carbon technology as the model for other refrigerator brands.
- It filters out chlorine, microbial cysts, rust, corrosion, sediment, and turbidity.
- It is easy to install.
- Water filter is a cheap but effective option.
13. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 4 (Pack of 2)
This water filter is made to work with Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, JennAir, and Amana refrigerators. It might also be an option for those who need a Sears water filter for refrigerator.
- This filter is NSF-certified to reduce the most contaminants of any filter on the market.
- It eliminates twenty-three contaminants, including pharmaceuticals, waterborne parasites, lead, mercury, and pesticides.
- It works for up to 300 gallons of water, which might last for more than six months, depending on your water usage.
12. GE RPWFE Refrigerator Water Filter
This water filter is a name-brand water filter that works with most newer GE french-door refrigerators. It is lightweight, and it touts the newest GE filtration technology.
- The filter is certified to reduce an above-average number of contaminants: chlorine-resistant microbial cysts, lead, five different pharmaceuticals, and fifteen other contaminants.
- It does not require additional tools to replace.
11. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 3 (Pack of 2)
As with most Whirlpool water filters, this model is compatible with a number of different refrigerators, including brand names like Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, JennAir, and Amana. It also boasts using a unique triple filtration technology.
- It is certified to eliminate nearly all harmful contaminants
- It reduces pharmaceuticals in your water supply.
10. Alpine Water Refrigerator Water Filter for Whirlpool W10295370A
This Alpine water filter is a basic option for people with minimal problems in their water supply. It is particularly good if there is a lot of chlorine in your tap water.
- It removes the taste and oder of chlorine.
- It is relatively inexpensive.
9. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 1 (Pack of 1)
Just the same as the older versions of this Whirlpool water filter, the Everydrop Filter 1 is a fantastic option if you need a water filter that can remove a huge number of contaminants. It is compatible with a wide range of refrigerator brands, so it might be a good alternative to a Sears water filter for refrigerator.
- It removes difficult contaminants including pharmaceuticals, waterborne parasites, lead, and pesticides.
- It is compatible with may different refrigerator models.
8. Best Frigidaire Water Filter – ULTRAWF Compatible Cartridge
Puresource, Gallery, Professional Series Fridge and Some Electrolux Models
For most people, this filter will cover all of their needs. It is a widely-compatible, third-party filter for Frigidaire refrigerators.
- This water filter is able to remove many heavy metal contaminants including lead, mercury, cadmium, and thallium.
- It also filters out chlorine that changes the taste and odor of your water.
- It is cheaper than the name brand filters for the same refrigerator models.
7. LG 6 Month/ 200 Gallon Capacity Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter (LT700P)
This LG water filter is a good option for those who have lots of heavy metals int heir water supply.
- This filter is certified to reduce the amount of lead, mercury, abestos, iron, and benzene in your water supply.
- It targets chlorine, which affects the odor and taste of your water.
- It is compatible with a huge number of LG brand refrigerators.
6. Best GE MWF Refrigerator Water Filter Smartwater Compatible Cartridge
This third party water filter is a viable alternative for the more expensive name brand water filters for GE refrigerators.
- It is compact.
- It targets the odor and taste of impurities in your water supply.
5. Samsung DA29-00003G Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack
Samsung water filter for refrigerators have a reputation of being both high-quality and efficient, and the Aqua=Pure Plus refrigerator water filter is no exception. This water filter is made from a carbon block that Samsung certifies as able to reduce 90% of contaminants.
- This filter can reduce lead, mercury, microbial cysts, benzene, and carbofuran.
- It is certified to work for up to 350 gallons of water.
4. Samsung DA29-00020B Refrigerator Water Filter, 2 Pack
Samsung water filter for refrigerators that meets all of the same standards as the Aqua-Pure model is the DA29-00020B model. It also uses the high-grade carbon block technology, and it targets both the chemicals that cause a bad taste as well as the chemicals that are harmful to your health.
- It is NSF-certified to remove lead, other heavy metals, and microbial cysts.
- Samsung water filter features a technology that protects your refrigerator from sediment buildup.
- It eliminates the bad odor and taste of chlorine.
3. Best GE MWF Refrigerator Water Filter Smartwater Compatible Cartridge
Another Best brand refrigerator filter, the Smartwater compatible cartridge is a great option for those who need to filter out the chemicals that make their water taste bad. This filter is compatible with any refrigerator model that can take the GE MWF water filter, which means that it might be useable as a water filter for Kenmore refrigerator model 106.
- It targets the contaminants that change the odor and taste of the water like chlorine.
- The refrigerator filter is compatible with a wide range of refrigerators.
- It is an inexpensive alternative to the name brand filter.
2. Frigidaire WF2CB PureSource2 Ice And Water Filtration System, 1 Pack
This Frigidaire water filter is a good option for those with many contaminants in their water supply. It is also able to be a water filter for Kenmore refrigerator model 106, or any other front-cassette Frigidaire refrigerator models.
- It filters out the odor and taste of chlorine in your water supply.
- Frigidaire filters for microbial cysts and sediments.
- It reduces lead, mercury, herbicides, pesticides, and chemicals like alachor, altraxine, and toxaphene.
- It may last for as long as nine months.
1. GE (General Electric) MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
This General Electric water filter is a good option for those who have GE side-by-side and bottom-freezer refrigerators.
- It is capable of filtering lead, chlorine-resistant microbial cysts. And pharmaceuticals like ibuprofen and progesterone.
- Electric water filter is made to last up for up to 300 gallons of water filtration.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Refrigerator Water Filter
With so many options, it might seem daunting to make your way through the many refrigerator water filter reviews that you can find online. However, finding a water filter is much simpler than it seems! There are only a few factors to consider when deciding on a refrigerator water filter.
For starters, you need to know what kinds of filters will fit in your current refrigerator. Many companies manufacture their own water filters for their refrigerators, and they will update their filter models and change the name every few years. This does not mean that you have to buy a new refrigerator! It just means that you have to verify that the new model of filter is compatible with your current refrigerator. Additionally, third party companies produce high-quality water filters for many, many different refrigerator brands, and sometimes, these third party water filters will be able to do much more than the standard filters offered by your refrigerator manufacturer.
You’ll also want to be aware that the lifetime of your water filter can vary based on its size and material. For a standard household, six months is the typical lifetime of an average-sized water filter. Larger households might need to replace their filters more frequently.
Another factor to consider for your water filter is the kind of chemicals that it eliminates. Not all water sources will have the same problems, and so sometimes, you’ll want to double check that your filter is eliminating the chemicals that are in your area’s water supply. One good way to be sure that the filter will do what it claims is by looking for an NSF certification. The National Sanitary Foundation is a non-profit that verifies products like refrigerator filters to ensure that these companies meet their water purification standards, and it is generally a good way to know if you are getting a good product.
The filters listed below are the top 15 best refrigerator water filters reviews in 2017. Each water filter on this list will reduce the taste and odor of chlorine in your water supply, while others have more advanced filtration technology to reduce heavy metals, microbes, or residual pharmaceuticals. With all the above information in mind, you are now ready to find the filter that can fit your water purification needs!
Hopefully this article has helped you to navigate your way through various refrigerator water filter reviews. As you’ve seen, all refrigerator water filters are able to help reduce the contaminates that change the odor or taste of your tap water. More and more refrigerator water filters are also able to reduce the presence of very harmful contaminants in your water, like heavy metals or pesticides, which will help keep you and your family healthy! With technological advancements, these filters are even becoming more longer-lasting, which means that you don’t have to worry about changing your refrigerator water filter so often. In any case, a water filter for your refrigerator is undoubtedly a great investment to have clean, great-tasting water in your own home!
- List of Refrigerator Water Filters
- 15. Waterdrop UKF8001 Replacement for Maytag UKF8001
- 14. Waterdrop DA29-00020B Replacement for Samsung HAF-CIN/EXP
- 13. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 4 (Pack of 2)
- 12. GE RPWFE Refrigerator Water Filter
- 11. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 3 (Pack of 2)
- 10. Alpine Water Refrigerator Water Filter for Whirlpool W10295370A
- 9. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 1 (Pack of 1)
- 8. Best Frigidaire Water Filter – ULTRAWF Compatible Cartridge
- 7. LG 6 Month/ 200 Gallon Capacity Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter (LT700P)
- 6. Best GE MWF Refrigerator Water Filter Smartwater Compatible Cartridge
- 5. Samsung DA29-00003G Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack
- 4. Samsung DA29-00020B Refrigerator Water Filter, 2 Pack
- 3. Best GE MWF Refrigerator Water Filter Smartwater Compatible Cartridge
- 2. Frigidaire WF2CB PureSource2 Ice And Water Filtration System, 1 Pack
- 1. GE (General Electric) MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
- What to Look for When Choosing the Best Refrigerator Water Filter