High-quality refrigerator water filters are, hands down, the most convenient way to have access to great-tasting water that is free of potentially harmful chemicals in your own home. These specially-made filters work by passing your tap water through a filter that is either made of an adsorbent material that attracts unwanted chemicals and sediments, or of a membrane with very small holes that does not allow chemicals or sediments to pass through. Investing in and maintaining a refrigerator water filter system is far less expensive than buying plastic water bottles, and it is also much more ecological. And, above all, the best refrigerator water filter is one that gets you the results that you need!
Top Best Sellers in Refrigerator Water Filters
- Top Best Sellers in Refrigerator Water Filters
- 10. Waterdrop UKF8001 Replacement for Maytag UKF8001
- 9. GE RPWFE Refrigerator Water Filter
- 8. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 3 (Pack of 2)
- 7. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 1 (Pack of 1)
- 6. Best Frigidaire Water Filter – ULTRAWF Compatible Cartridge
- 5. LG 6 Month/ 200 Gallon Capacity Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter (LT700P)
- 4. Best GE MWF Refrigerator Water Filter Smartwater Compatible Cartridge
- 3. Samsung DA29-00003G Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack
- 2. Frigidaire WF2CB PureSource2 Ice And Water Filtration System, 1 Pack
- 1. Samsung DA29-00020B Refrigerator Water Filter, 2 Pack
- What to Look for When Choosing the Best Refrigerator Water Filter
10. Waterdrop UKF8001 Replacement for Maytag UKF8001
This Waterdrop filter is compatible with many, many kinds of Maytag and Amana refrigerators, and it is an excellent choice overall for basic water purification. The filter is made with a specialized coconut carbon technology, which boasts high-quality purification.
- It eliminates chlorine, cysts, rust, corrosion, sediment, and turbidity.
- Water Filter is NSF-certified.
- It requires no additional tools to install.
9. GE RPWFE Refrigerator Water Filter
This water filter is a name-brand water filter that works with most newer GE french-door refrigerators. It is lightweight, and it touts the newest GE filtration technology.
- The filter is certified to reduce an above-average number of contaminants: chlorine-resistant microbial cysts, lead, five different pharmaceuticals, and fifteen other contaminants.
- It does not require additional tools to replace.
8. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 3 (Pack of 2)
As with most Whirlpool water filters, this model is compatible with a number of different refrigerators, including brand names like Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, JennAir, and Amana. It also boasts using a unique triple filtration technology.
- It is certified to eliminate nearly all harmful contaminants
- It reduces pharmaceuticals in your water supply.
7. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 1 (Pack of 1)
Just the same as the older versions of this Whirlpool water filter, the Everydrop Filter 1 is a fantastic option if you need a water filter that can remove a huge number of contaminants. It is compatible with a wide range of refrigerator brands, so it might be a good alternative to a Sears water filter for refrigerator.
- It removes difficult contaminants including pharmaceuticals, waterborne parasites, lead, and pesticides.
- It is compatible with may different refrigerator models.
6. Best Frigidaire Water Filter – ULTRAWF Compatible Cartridge
For most people, this filter will cover all of their needs. It is a widely-compatible, third-party filter for Frigidaire refrigerators.
- This water filter is able to remove many heavy metal contaminants including lead, mercury, cadmium, and thallium.
- It also filters out chlorine that changes the taste and odor of your water.
- It is cheaper than the name brand filters for the same refrigerator models.
5. LG 6 Month/ 200 Gallon Capacity Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter (LT700P)
This LG water filter is a good option for those who have lots of heavy metals int heir water supply.
- This filter is certified to reduce the amount of lead, mercury, abestos, iron, and benzene in your water supply.
- It targets chlorine, which affects the odor and taste of your water.
- It is compatible with a huge number of LG brand refrigerators.
4. Best GE MWF Refrigerator Water Filter Smartwater Compatible Cartridge
This third party water filter is a viable alternative for the more expensive name brand water filters for GE refrigerators.
- It is compact.
- It targets the odor and taste of impurities in your water supply.
3. Samsung DA29-00003G Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack
Samsung water filter for refrigerators have a reputation of being both high-quality and efficient, and the Aqua=Pure Plus refrigerator water filter is no exception. This water filter is made from a carbon block that Samsung certifies as able to reduce 90% of contaminants.
- This filter can reduce lead, mercury, microbial cysts, benzene, and carbofuran.
- It is certified to work for up to 350 gallons of water.
- Top 10 Replacement Water Filters And Cartridges 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Reverse Osmosis Water Filters 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Samsung Refrigerator Water Filters 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 LG Refrigerator Water Filters 2018 Reviews
2. Frigidaire WF2CB PureSource2 Ice And Water Filtration System, 1 Pack
This Frigidaire water filter is a good option for those with many contaminants in their water supply. It is also able to be a water filter for Kenmore refrigerator model 106, or any other front-cassette Frigidaire refrigerator models.
- It filters out the odor and taste of chlorine in your water supply.
- Frigidaire filters for microbial cysts and sediments.
- It reduces lead, mercury, herbicides, pesticides, and chemicals like alachor, altraxine, and toxaphene.
- It may last for as long as nine months.
1. Samsung DA29-00020B Refrigerator Water Filter, 2 Pack
Samsung water filter for refrigerators that meets all of the same standards as the Aqua-Pure model is the DA29-00020B model. It also uses the high-grade carbon block technology, and it targets both the chemicals that cause a bad taste as well as the chemicals that are harmful to your health.
- It is NSF-certified to remove lead, other heavy metals, and microbial cysts.
- Samsung water filter features a technology that protects your refrigerator from sediment buildup.
- It eliminates the bad odor and taste of chlorine.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Refrigerator Water Filter
With so many options, it might seem daunting to make your way through the many refrigerator water filter reviews that you can find online. However, finding a water filter is much simpler than it seems! There are only a few factors to consider when deciding on a refrigerator water filter.
For starters, you need to know what kinds of filters will fit in your current refrigerator. Many companies manufacture their own water filters for their refrigerators, and they will update their filter models and change the name every few years. This does not mean that you have to buy a new refrigerator! It just means that you have to verify that the new model of filter is compatible with your current refrigerator. Additionally, third party companies produce high-quality water filters for many, many different refrigerator brands, and sometimes, these third party water filters will be able to do much more than the standard filters offered by your refrigerator manufacturer.
You’ll also want to be aware that the lifetime of your water filter can vary based on its size and material. For a standard household, six months is the typical lifetime of an average-sized water filter. Larger households might need to replace their filters more frequently.
Another factor to consider for your water filter is the kind of chemicals that it eliminates. Not all water sources will have the same problems, and so sometimes, you’ll want to double check that your filter is eliminating the chemicals that are in your area’s water supply. One good way to be sure that the filter will do what it claims is by looking for an NSF certification. The National Sanitary Foundation is a non-profit that verifies products like refrigerator filters to ensure that these companies meet their water purification standards, and it is generally a good way to know if you are getting a good product.
Hopefully this article has helped you to navigate your way through various refrigerator water filter reviews. As you’ve seen, all refrigerator water filters are able to help reduce the contaminates that change the odor or taste of your tap water. More and more refrigerator water filters are also able to reduce the presence of very harmful contaminants in your water, like heavy metals or pesticides, which will help keep you and your family healthy! With technological advancements, these filters are even becoming more longer-lasting, which means that you don’t have to worry about changing your refrigerator water filter so often. In any case, a water filter for your refrigerator is undoubtedly a great investment to have clean, great-tasting water in your own home!