As summer rolls into season so does the desire to play outside sports. One of the most popular sports people engage in is basketball. If you do not have hundreds of dollars or the time needed to install a permanent basketball hoop in your yard, you can select a reliable portable basketball hoop instead. Portable basketball hoops can be set up within an hour so you can begin playing and enjoying the game.
When it comes to choosing the best portable basketball hoop, durability, strength, and adjustment ability are key components to consider. Here is a list of the best portable basketball hoops available in 2018.
10. In Ground Basketball System by Lifetime
- 10. In Ground Basketball System by Lifetime
- 9. The Courtside Adjustable Basketball System
- 8. The Beast Portable Basketball System by Spalding
- 7. Poolside Adjustable Basketball System
- 6. Pro Court Height Basketball System by Lifetime
- 5. Lifetime Portable Basketball Hoop
- 4. 44-inch Portable Basketball System by Lifetime
- 3. Lifetime’s 52-inch Basketball System
- 2. Youth Basketball Hoop
- 1. 44-inch Pro Court Height System by Lifetime
- Related Posts:
This 52-inch basketball hoop has a shatterproof backboard and a power lift height adjustment mechanism. This is a great option for a larger basketball hoop that comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The backboard is made of high-density polyethylene and guaranteed to be durable and strong. This hoop adjusts between 7.5-feet and 10-feet. The pole is 3.5-inches round and contains a friction-weld joint that ensures the hoop stays in place.
- The backboard is only 1/8-inch thick and some users feel it is flimsy for what it is.
9. The Courtside Adjustable Basketball System
This portable basketball system has a 50-inch backboard that is sure to last even the toughest game. The entire backboard is 50-inches wide, 30-inches tall, and 2-inches thick, built with superior materials that are guaranteed to last.
- This basketball system contains a 27-gallon base that can be filled with water or sand. The rim contains a spring-back action that helps protect the entire system from damage during play. This basketball system is great for any weather and comes with a limited 5-year warranty.
- The assembly directions are not written too good so setting up the system can be quite challenging.
8. The Beast Portable Basketball System by Spalding
The Beast system by Spalding has a massive 60-inch glass backboard with a pro image breakaway rim and an all-weather net. The base holds over 50-gallons and can billed filled with water or sand to keep the system in place.
- The pole system comes in two pieces and contains a 5-inch square pole system that is angled. The pole contains a water level gauge base cap. The gray insert on the base acts as a rebounder during games and helps with movement before game time.
- Some owners believe the base is too bulky.
7. Poolside Adjustable Basketball System
This poolside adjustable basketball system by Lifetime has a 44-inch backboard and is made for any weather conditions. The backboard is constructed with high-density polyethylene to be shatterproof and extremely durable.
- This basket all hoop has a 27-gallon base that provides stability while remaining portable. The base can be filled with sand or water to keep it in place. This system is backed by a 5-year limited warranty. The pole is 2-pieces and has a 3-inch pole. The pole adjusts from 4 1/2-feet to 7-feet tall.
- This hoop can only be used by poolside or for little kids due to the height.
6. Pro Court Height Basketball System by Lifetime
Lifetime presents their pro court height basketball hoop that adjusts from 7 12-feet to 10-feet tall. The backboard is 44-inches, fade-free, and shatterproof.
- The steel pole is 3 pieces and made to withstand some of the harshest conditions. This hoop can be used indoors or outdoors. The classic rim design contains a nylon net that is made to withstand any weather conditions. The system is backed by a 5-year warranty and this system requires no cement for set-up.
- Some users find that this hoop can blow over quite easily.
5. Lifetime Portable Basketball Hoop
This 48-inch portable basketball system by Lifetime is virtually unbreakable. The backboard is shatterproof and designed to withstand any weather conditions.
- This system contains a 31-gallon base that can be filled with sand or water to keep the hoop firmly in place. This hoop has a speed shift adjustment mechanism that can adjust from 8-foot to 10-foot in 6-inch increments. The rim is made of solid steel and has double compression springs and welded hooks to keep the net in place.
- The base does not have a quick-drain system to removing the water or sand can be quite challenging.
4. 44-inch Portable Basketball System by Lifetime
This 44-inch basketball hoop is attractive and fun. The impact backboard is extremely durable and boasts an attractive finish that is sure to liven up any game.
- This hoop can be adjusted from 7 1/2-feet to 10-feet by 6-inch increments. The pole is a 3-piece construction and it is attached to a heavy duty base. The base can be filled with water or sand to keep it in place.
- The backboard is quite small for a full size system.
3. Lifetime’s 52-inch Basketball System
This basketball system is stylish and extremely durable. The lift system is a patented pneumatic type that allows you to quickly adjust the height from 7 1/2-feet to 10-feet.
- This system contains a solid steel rim built with double-compression springs that provide a spring back action when you slam dunk. The base is powder-coated and rust-resistant. The base is 35-gallons and can be filled with water or sand to hold it in place. The 52-inch backboard is Makrolon and virtually unbreakable.
- This item takes a long time to assembly. Please plan ahead if you are trying to have a full game before dark.
2. Youth Basketball Hoop
Lifetime presents their basketball hoop system for children. This stylish backboard is 30-inches with a 15-inch folding rim. The telescoping height adjustment mechanism grows from 5 1/2-feet to 7 1/2-feet in 6-inch increments allowing your child to continue playing as they grow.
- This best-selling hoop contains a 10-gallon base that is stable and portable. The base can be filled with water or sand, which keep it firmly in place. The system is rust and weather-resistant. The system is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
- Some users had a difficult time adjusting the hoops and had to pound them into place.
1. 44-inch Pro Court Height System by Lifetime
Lifetime shines again with their 44-inch pro court basketball system. The backboard on this is virtually unbreakable and is made to withstand any weather conditions.
- The steel rim is black and measures 18-inches wide. The rim contains 1/2-inch steel braces sure to hold the net in place. The 27-gallon base fills with water and sand to roll to any location. This hoop adjusts from 7 1/2-feet to 10-feet high.
- Some users find the height is difficult to adjust.
All of these top portable basketball hoop systems are designed to be extremely durable and made to withstand any weather conditions. Whether you are looking for a child size, poolside, or pro court option, you are sure to find the perfect hoop on the market in 2018.