You’ve probably started seeing “sulfate-free” shampoos and conditioners on store shelves while you’re shopping. But have you stopped to think about why sulfates might damage hair? Sure, they’re meant to be detergents that clean your hair of dirt and grime, but if your hair is color-treated, keratin-treated, or if you suffer from extreme dandruff, sulfates could be problematic in causing more dryness and stripping hair. While sulfates are probably safe for some people, others should look into sulfate-free shampoos.
10. Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Women and Men with Cedarwood + Tea Tree Oil & Rosemary
If you’re looking for a sulfate-free shampoo that is also color-friendly, paraben-free, and cruelty-free, you might want to try this anti-dandruff shampoo. It works well with a natural hair conditioner and treats split ends.
This shampoo is infused with cedarwood, tea tree oil, and rosemary. It has botanical keratin, pure Jojoba oil, and is rich in vitamins A and E that protect hair and promote growth.
- Many natural ingredients
- Can be used daily
- Effective dandruff relief
9. Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set – (2x 16oz) Sulfate Free All Organic Hair Repair
This shampoo and conditioner set is organic and focuses on repairing damaged hair. It also prevents further damage by fortifying your hair from root to tip.
Ingredients include Argan, Avocado, Peach, Almond Oil, and Jojoba. These ingredients work to hydrate your hair, thereby repairing split ends and preventing dandruff.
- Well-priced for a set
- Doesn’t make hair greasy
Other Topic: Top 15 Best Organic Baby Shampoos 2019 Reviews
8. Maple Holistics Degrease Moisture Control Shampoo
Greasy hair? Try Maple Holisitics’ degreasing shampoo, which contains ingredients that help fight oily scalp. It also helps treat dry and damaged ends.
Ingredients in this shampoo include rosemary oil extract and cypress, which stimulate blood circulation in the scalp and help to reduce pore size (thereby decreasing shedding, flaking, and hair loss).
- Can be used if you have oiliness around the ears
- Makes hair look and feel healthier
7. LuxeOrganix Rejuvenating Argan Oil Shampoo
LuxeOrganix’s shampoo is stylist recommended for treating dry and flaky scalp. It’s sulfate-free Moroccan oil helps to revitalize damaged hair. It is also gluten- and paraben-free, making it a great choice for those with allergies.
This shampoo works with all hair types and should be followed up with LuxeOrganix’s Rejuvenating Argan Oil Conditioner.
- Can be used with keratin-treated hair since it has no sodium chloride
- Works well on baby-fine hair or very coarse and curly hair
6. Maple Holisitics Tea Tree Special Formula Shampoo
Maple Holisitics’ Tea Tree Shampoo is an organic formula that is preservative-free. It works to stimulate cell rejuvenation and repair damaged, dry, and flaky scalp.
Those with scent allergies will appreciate that this product is free of synthetic scents but has a pleasant natural odor. Aside from tea tree oil, ingredients include Bulgarian lavender, botanical keratin, argan, and jojoba.
- Has 98 all-natural chemical compounds that won’t harm your hair
- Works with color-treated hair
5. JASON Natural Cosmetics Dandruff Relief Shampoo
JASON’s shampoo helps to alleviate dandruff with its unique blend of colloidal silver, jojoba, olive, and rosemary.
This product is fine for use on color-treated hair. Also, it is totally cruelty-free, so vegans can use it.
- Works well for long-term treatment
- Only takes a few months to fully eliminate flakes for most people
4. PURA D’OR Scalp and Dandruff Therapy Shampoo with Argan Oil and Tea Tree
PURA D’OR’s shampoo lacks many of the harsh chemicals that exacerbate itchy and dry scalp issues. It works on those with persistently dry scalp, including those with Psoriasis.
This shampoo contains a blend of tea tree and argan oil, as well as extracts of nettle and thyme.
- Works well on color treated hair
- Consumers have noticed a decrease in facial acne while using the product
3. Maple Holistics Hydrate Moisture Control Shampoo
This sulfate-free shampoo moisturizes itchy and dry scalp and works well for those with sensitive skin. This hypoallergenic formula is also paraben- and silicone-free.
Maple Holistics’ shampoo contains carrot oil, silk peptides, almond oil, and parsley seed. These natural ingredients help strengthen and repair damaged hair from root to tip.
- One of the most natural, non-toxic shampoos available
- Can be used daily
- Does not strip your hair
2. Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo
Maple Holistics’ Sage Shampoo eliminates moderate-to-heavy dandruff with its natural ingredients. It is hypoallergenic and vegan-friendly. Also, it is safe to use on color-treated hair.
This formula has anti-septic and anti-inflammatory agents that work to fight symptoms of dermatitis that cause dry, flaky, and itchy scalp. Its spicy aroma is pleasant compared to many other organic-based shampoo formulas for dandruff.
- Very pleasant scent
- Creates shininess and smoothness
- Consumers notice major reduction in flakes in a short period of time
1. Maple Holisitics Argan Oil Shampoo
Finally, we come to the best-selling Maple Holistics Argan Oil. This shampoo utilizes six oils to maximize its results. There are no artificial colors or additives to worry about when using this formula.
This argan oil shampoo is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E. It also contains jojoba, peach kernel, and avocado oil to nourish cells in the scalp and rejuvenate hair.
- Does not contain gluten or formaldehyde
- Has a pleasant scent