Replacement water filters and cartridges are designed to keep your water filtration unit operating at peak efficiency. You must select the right filter for your water filtration unit, but you can save money by getting an aftermarket brand. Since it’s hard to know what kind of purity you’re getting from an aftermarket brand, it does make sense to go with the brand name whenever possible.
Top Best Sellers in Replacement Water Filters
10. Lafedy: PureSource Ultra Replacement Water Filter
Lafedy is an aftermarket brand that is trusted and has been in business for 10 years. The company specializes in making replacement filters for the Frigidaire brand, and their filter is guaranteed with a no-questions-asked return policy. Reduce the most common contaminants and some of the more nasty compounds, including asbestos, particulate iron, rust, cyst and mercury.
- Filters 300 gallons of water.
- Removes harmful chemicals like chlorine.
- Comes with a complete warranty.
09. Tier1: Filtrete 3US-AF01 Replacement Water Filter
Tier1 stands beyond all of their filters and will resolve any issues with your purchase. the filter itself offers the ability to filter over 900 gallons of water. It reduces all of the major compounds that threaten the health and safety of your family. There are no tools required to change out the filter, so you can easily make a change when necessary.
- Simple installation for under sink filtration systems.
- Works with several different model numbers.
- Helps remove corrosion.
- Top 10 LG Refrigerator Water Filters 2019 Reviews
- Top 10 Rheem Tankless Water Heaters 2019 Reviews
- Top 10 Automatic Pool Cleaners 2019 Reviews
- Top 10 Samsung Refrigerator Water Filters 2019 Reviews
08. AquaCrest: 4396508 Replacement Water Filter
AquaCrest offers third-party filters, but they are NSF certified to ensure you obtain the level of contaminant removal promised. High-efficiency filtration technology makes short work of most contaminants, and the filter is designed to work with specific Whirlpool models of filtration units. The manufacturer guarantees the product will work and these filters will not leak.
- High level of contamination removal.
- Filters up to 400 gallons of water.
- Preserves beneficial minerals.
07. Filter 1: W10295370A, W10295370 Replacement Water Filter
NSF certification ensures that you’re getting a filter that does what it says it will. This filter offers NSF certification, and it works with select Whirlpool models. Using activated carbon, it can trap a wide assortment of pathogens, viruses and bacteria. The company offers a satisfaction guarantee if you experience any issues with your filtration unit.
- Works with several whirlpool models.
- Uses activated carbon to remove impurities.
- Comes with a full warranty.
06. Sapphire: Replacement Water Filter
For smaller filtration jobs, the Sapphire replacement filters work with your Brita and PUR water dispensers. Choose from three or four filters to save some money. The filters are designed to filter the most common contaminants, and you’ll be able to experience amazing taste and quality with these application-specific filters. For best results, soak the filters in water for 30 minutes before installing them.
- Works will all Brita and PUR pitchers/
- Come with three filters.
- Removes elements like copper, mercury and cadmium.
05. AquaCrest: CRF-950Z Replacement Water Filter
AquaCrest produces these filters to work in your PUR water filtration pitcher. The filter is designed to remove the same level of contaminants. It effectively eliminates limescale, so you can cook pasta without that ring around your pot. The system also enhances the taste of your water by removing the most common pathogens. It uses coconut activated carbon and ion exchange to effectively purify your water.
- Uses premium filtration materials.
- Comes with a two-month life cycle.
- Crystal-clear water quality.
04. Brita: Pitcher Replacement Water Filter
These filters are designed to replace both pitchers and dispensers. They are a best-seller for their value and performance, and these filters are manufactured by Brita. These filters don’t need pre-soaking, which saves you some hassle. The filter lasts for up to 40 gallons to give you fresh and pure water.
- Choose anywhere from one to six replacement filters to save money.
- Gets rid of chlorine, mercury, cadmium and other toxic metals and chemicals.
- No pre-soaking is required.
03. Upsanté: Filter 1 W10295370A, W1029537 Replacement Water Filter
While these filters effectively work just as well as the OEM part, you do need to soak the filter before use. Otherwise, the charcoal residue will come through your first gallon or so of filtered water. The black coloring is charcoal, and it’s safe to ingest. This filter is ISO-certified, so you can trust that you’re getting an optimal level of filtration.
- Works in several models, including Whirlpool, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Maytag and Amana.
- Gets rid of pesticides, bacteria, viruses and other risk factors.
- Preserves mineral content.
02. Brita: Water Filter Bottle Replacement Filters
Designed for the Brita hard-sided bottles and sports bottles, these filtration sticks are designed to filter water as it sits in your bottle and as you drink. The majority of the filtration happens as you pull water through the filter, which means you get exceptionally clean and freshly filtered water all day. This offers a backup filter option for once you leave your home.
- Works with small Brita sports bottles.
- Doesn’t require any pre-soaking.
- Gets rid of chlorine and minor impurities.
01. PUR: Faucet Mount Replacement Water Filter
PUR is synonymous with quality, and it came on the scene after Brita. Still, the company produces a better filter that will help you remove more toxins that other brands. You’ll get a certified filtration unit and it does remove trace levels of pharmaceuticals. However, the certification doesn’t extend to the pharmaceutical claim since it’s nearly impossible to test this with all the pharmaceuticals in circulation.
- Trusted brand-name quality replacement product.
- Removes 10 times more contaminants than the leading brands.
- Reduces pharmaceutical levels in your water.