A 3D printer is a machine used to produce or mold physical objects. Unique from traditional 3D printers, home 3D printers are affordable options for hobbyists, product designers, and engineers looking to produce physical objects like toys, spare parts, and many other items. Moreover, 3D printing gives you the freedom to tweak a given object to meet your needs.
Considerations When Buying Home 3D Printers
- Considerations When Buying Home 3D Printers
- List of Home 3D Printers
- 10. DFROBOT Overlord pro
- 9. EnerVision 3D Printer
- 8. Loee 3D Tridimensional FDM Printer
- 7. Robo Smart 3D Printer
- 6. Einstart high-performance 3D printer
- 5. JGAURORA 3D printer
- 4. Dremel DigiLab 3D printer
- 3. FlashForge dual extruder 3D printer
- 2. FlashForge Finder 3D Printer
- 1. XYZprinting Mini 3D Printer
- Related Posts:
Since different 3D printers come with varying build sizes, you would want to shop around for a printer that can comfortably accommodate the right size of the object you are looking to print.
After finding a 3D printer with the right build area, we suggest that you consider the type of material used in printing. Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and Polylactic acid are the most common filaments utilized in the 3D printers used at home.
Construction is another attribute that should inform your purchasing decision. Some 3D printers have an enclosed frame while others have an open frame. An open frame lets you supervise the printing process, but it may be loud and unsafe. On the other hand, a closed frame is safe and quiet, but it locks you out from supervising the printing progress.
List of Home 3D Printers
10. DFROBOT Overlord pro
The overlord pro is a compact sized 3D printer measuring 370x 320x 625 millimeters. Regardless of its small size, the 3D printer features an automated bed and leveling calibration system for customized printing, and a mono hot end technology for repeated printing. Depending on your choice, you can use a PLA or ABS material for printing.
- It supports multi- color printing.
- Comes with an operation manual for a hassle free operation.
- You can adjust the layer thickness of the composite for precision printing.
- Works silently.
- Its open frame design is not safe.
9. EnerVision 3D Printer
EnerVision 3D printer is constructed from a silver anodized stainless steel frame to last long. It features a durable aluminum heat bed and intuitive controls for a hassle free printing. Its build size measures 160 square millimeters.
- The unit comes with detailed instruction manuals.
- The printer uses PLA, Wood, Nylon, and HIPs filaments.
- You can print objects from an SD card, or a USB cable.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- EnerVision 3D printer supports multi- color printing
- Its open frame construction is not safe for kids.
8. Loee 3D Tridimensional FDM Printer
The printer features the FDM printing technology, and it supports multiple printing filaments like wood, ABS, and PLA. Loee’s tridimensional printer supports the STL and G- code file formats, and it is compatible with Linux, XP, Mac OS, and windows operating system. Like most 3D printers, this type utilizes the Cura print software. Its build size measures 200mmx 200mmx 180mm.
- The printer comes with a memory card with assembly instruction.
- It has a reasonable print speed.
- The printer supports multi color printing.
- It comes with a three-month replacement guarantee.
- It requires assembly.
- The printer’s open frame design releases fumes to your working space.
7. Robo Smart 3D Printer
Robo 3D is marketed as the next generation 3D printer that uses Alexa’s voice and mobile app controls. Besides the smart controls, this 3D printer also has a 300mm printing speed, and it supports a majority of print materials like PLA, wood, metal infused, carbon fiber, ABS, and many other materials. The printer is compatible with iOS, windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems, and it supports STL, AMF, and OBJ file formats. Its printing size measures 127 x 127 x 152 millimeters.
- The 3D printer’s app control lets you operate the printer from anywhere.
- It alerts you when it has completed printing.
- The printer is easy to use.
- Robo 3D has a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- Some users complain that it is noisy.
- Assembly required
6. Einstart high-performance 3D printer
Unlike most 3D printers that support a single color, this type is available in blue, black, green, and yellow colors. Einstart is constructed from a metallic frame to last long, and it comes assembled. The printer utilizes PLA printing filament, and it compatible with windows and Mac operating the software and it comes with 3D star slicing software. It measures 160 x 160 x 160 millimeters.
- Easy to operate
- Has a reasonable printing speed
- You can adjust printing speed and accuracy.
- Supports multi- color printing.
- Uses one filament type.
- Not compatible with third party slicers.
5. JGAURORA 3D printer
JGAURORA’s 3D printer features a heated aluminum bed, excellent quality linear bearings, and an MK8 extruder for smooth filament extrusion. The 3D printer utilizes the Cura, simplify 3D, and Octo print software. It is compatible with windows, Mac OS, and Linus operating systems, and it supports the STL and OBJ file formats. JGAURORA 3D printer measures 200 x 200 x 180 millimeters.
- Supports offline and offline printing
- It is easy to operate.
- You can use PLA, ABS, wood, TPU, and nylon materials.
- Comes with an 8GB SD card loaded with an operation manual.
- Comes in separate parts that are quite challenging to assemble.
4. Dremel DigiLab 3D printer
Dremel’s DigiLab 3D printer is advertised as a consumer grade printer that can print for countless hours. Some of the top features that make up this printer include the pre- installed extruder for an easy first time printing, a full-color LCD touch screen for hassle free control, and the closed design that provides a stable printing temperature. It comes with bonus cloud based slicing software and is compatible with windows operating software. The unit measures 254 x 152 x 170 millimeters.
- It has a one year warranty.
- It is UL safety certified
- Easy to use software
- It is safe to use
- You are limited to using Dremel’s filaments.
3. FlashForge dual extruder 3D printer
This 3D printer features five axis micro stepping control, an LCD screen for enhanced control, and an adjustable printing speed. FlashForge 3D printer is compatible with Linux, windows, and OSX operating systems, and it supports the STL, gcode, and x3g file formats. Depending on your choice, you can use ABS or PLA software. Its build area measures 224 x 145 x 150 mm.
- It has a decent print volume
- Support multi color printing.
- It comes with two bonus ABS filaments.
- Some users complain that the user guide lacks maintenance care instructions
- Its operation is quite challenging
2. FlashForge Finder 3D Printer
FlashForge’s finder 3D printer features a 3.5-inch multi colored screen with intuitive controls, a non-heated build plate, and an assisted bed leveling. The finder printer is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Vista operating systems, and it supports the STL and OBJ file formats. Its build size measures 420 x 420 x 420 millimeters.
- It is beginner friendly.
- The unit’s compact size consumes less storage space.
- It comes with a quick guide start
- Supports online and offline operation.
- It only uses the PLA printing filament.
- Some users complain that it fails within a short time of use.
1. XYZprinting Mini 3D Printer
XYZprinting 3D printer features a single button operation, and a Wi-Fi connection. It is compatible with Windows and Mac OSX operating systems, and it supports 3Mf and STL file formats. The printer uses the XYZware slicing software, and it prints using XYZprinting’s PLA filament. It measures 150 x 150 x 150mm.
- Easy to operate
- Its filament is DEHP free
- The extruder adjusts automatically.
- It is portable.
- Uses only one filament type