Some essential areas of concern when choosing an electric trimmer include power, weight, noise levels, warranty, and safety. These criteria have also been used to come up with a list of the ten best electric trimmers starting with the least popular to the best-selling product. It is worth noting that these trimmers are solid choices by merit of being on this list.
10. The East 3.6V 2 in 1 Electric Cordless Grass Shear Hedge
The East is an ideal tool for flower trimming and garden mowing. It features a 1.3Ah lithium battery, works with 3.6Vdc of power and has an adjustable handle of up to 90cm. The mower and cutter combo weights 1140g with everything on and has a blade speed of 1000 rotations per minute.
- One amazing feature of this tool is the cutter – mower combo that minimizes the number of tools a gardener needs to get the job done.
- This product is also very versatile; its wheels are easily maneuverable, and the adjustable handle takes user height variations.
- The model has a relatively fast charging time of between 3 to 5 hours so you can get on with your yard work at a most convenient time.
9. The Weed Eater 20V Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The Weed Eater 20V Cordless Hedge Trimmer measures 9 x 38 x 9 inches, weighs 9.4 pounds and powers at 20 volts. It has a great continuous runtime of about one and a half hours to two hours for light and moderate use.
- This Weed Eater electric hedge trimmer is portable and lightweight enough for most trimming jobs.
- It has a quick charge time and offers decent running time so you can trim all your bushes in one go. The package includes a battery charger, so you don’t have to spend extra on that.
- The power output is also quite good and will comfortably handle most vines and fences.
Lastly, the fact that this is a cordless trimmer means that you can do your yard work at about twice the speed. There is no possibility of accidentally cutting your cord or hauling your extension cables when outside with you.
8. Garden Groom Midi Collecting Electric Hedge Trimmer GG11M
The first thing that struck us about the Garden Groom Midi Collecting Electric Hedge Trimmer GG11M is its futuristic aesthetics. The equipment works on 300-Watt with a blade rotation of 3400 per minute and weighs 5.95 pounds. The overall equipment dimensions are 11 x 12 x 24 inches.
- Here is one of the different cutters on the market because it also collects and shreds trimmings, so you don’t need to clean up as you work. The standard attachment holds up to 50 square feet of trimmings. A collection bag can be added to hold up to 500 sq. ft. of debris during larger jobs.
- The equipment manufacturers use highly durable, lightweight plastic in its construction. The high-quality construction means that it’s suited for rugged outdoor use while the light weight allows you to work quickly without getting too tired.
- The blades feature stainless, corrosion resistant steel which doesn’t require sharpening for the duration of the equipment’s lifespan.
7. The Black + Decker HT20 20-Inch Hedge Trimmer
The Black Decker HT20 20-Inch Hedge Trimmer sports a 3.8-amp motor which is pretty powerful. Its dual blades are designed for quick and comfortable cutting while the front, wrap-around handle supports a comfortable grip from any angle.
- You can tell that consideration for the user has gone into this Black + Decker hedge trimmer. Its handles are soft and comfortable making them fit for long hours of yard work.
- Its compact and lightweight design provides comfortable and convenient use and maneuverability.
- The corrosion-free stainless steel blades are pre-hardened, and you can tell by how clean and quick the trimming is.
- Its lock-off switch is also a nice safety feature, so you don’t fire up your equipment by accident.
6. Remington 24-Inch Electric Hedge Trimmer with Titanium Blades
The Remington RM5124TH measures 9 x 11 x 43-Inch dimensions and weighs 9.8 pounds. It is an ideal tool for shortening hedges and shrubs. The 5-amp trimmer sports a cutting blade 24 inches long, which comes coated with titanium for cleaner cuts. With its swivel blade, the trimmer comes handy in shaping tall hedges.
- The cutting blades rotate up to 180 degrees allowing the user to trim hedges at the right angles without tilting or moving the trimmer sideways. This feature not only yields cleaner cuts but also makes the work of the gardener easier.
- If you need a heavy duty trimmer, this is it. It will cut through your 3/4-inch hedges with minimal effort. This strength is made possible by its titanium coated blades.
- Finally, the 5-amp electric motor means that you have all the power you need for your yard work. You can expect a clean, quick and efficient cut and trim.
5. The GreenWorks 22102 2.7 Amp 18-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmer
The Green Works 22102 2.7 Amp 18-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmer ‘s hard to miss with its luminous green color. We are not complaining though; it is helpful for adding some pizzazz to otherwise drab yard work. This is a 2.7 Amp machine so you can expect some good power from its electric motor. It can cut up to 3/8-inches – perfect for your thicker shrubs and bushes.
- The power may seem like nothing out of the ordinary on paper, but we were extremely pleased and surprised with what we got from this equipment.
- This ties into the first point; the GreenWorks 22102 produces zero carbon emissions without sacrificing power. For the more environmentally conscious, this model is a good choice.
- The model is also pretty light in weight which makes it maneuverable and less tiring especially when you have to do a whole day of yard work.
4. Black & Decker LPHT120 18-Inch 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
We always count on Black & Decker to deliver quality appliances, so it’s no surprise that the LPHT120 offers great functionality for a trimmer of its category. The LPHT120 is powered by 20 volts so you can expect some serious punch. This model uses MAX lithium-ion battery which retains the charge for longer and has a better lifespan than your average brands.
- With an elongated shaft (six and a half feet long), you have a considerable reach enabling you to trim hedges standing rather than unbalanced on a ladder. This long shaft also makes it easier for you to trim hedges below waist height.
- The package includes a battery charger, so you don’t have to buy that separately.
- It retains charge longer so you can get on with your pruning and cutting uninterrupted for extended periods of time.
3. Sun Joe Lithium-ion Cordless Electric 3.31-Inch Grass Shears/ 5-Inch Shrubber
The Sun Joe HJ602C is a double tool that features a convertible blade system; converting it from a clipper to a hedger in a jiffy. It weighs 2.11 pounds and measures 5 x 5 x 11 inches. This machine powers on 3.6 volts which translates to a powerful hedger for yard work.
- The extremely quick charging time is a great starting point. You can get your machine up and running in about 40 minutes. Expect about 3 hours of use which is more than enough for any job you might be doing around your yard.
- It is also light weight which makes the back breaking work much easier to handle. The weight factor makes it easy to maneuver and get around obstacles and tall hedges.
- It is durable. You should expect to get significant use out of it before you need to replace your blades.
2. The Earthwise 18-Inch 2.8-Amp Corded Electric 2-in-1 Pole/Hand-held Hedge Trimmer, Model CVPH41018
The Earthwise Model CVPH41018 weighs 10 pounds with an 18-Inch blade length. The handle has six separate positioning options and 150-degree rotations for maximum trimming and cutting flexibility. Like its name suggests, the tool acts as a hedge trimmer and doubles as a pole hedge trimmer. It comes with a blade cover and an aluminum blade support to protect the cord from being nipped.
- With 6-position head rotation, this hedger can maneuver obstacles for a clean and perfect cut.
- The blade length makes cutting tall hedges much easier. Its design is particular for odd trimming so that so you can work around all types of hedges and bushes.
- This version is one of the lighter weight hedge trimmers. The fiberglass handle takes off a chunk of significant weight from the product. This useful feature is nice for long hours of yard work.
1. Black & Decker LHT2220 20V Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer, 22″
The Black and Decker LHT2220 Hedge Trimmer weighs a meager 5.9 pounds and powers on 20 volts. The model also uses a MAX Lithium-ion Battery so you can expect increased charge retention. It features a 22 inches dual action blade that cuts blades with less vibration. With a wrap-around front handle, this machine can trim vertically and horizontally with ease.
- Black + Decker have made a real monster for yard work here. You can work on up to 3000 square feet without stopping to charge your trimmer.
- Another distinct advantage of this product is the reduced vibration. The product specifications say up to 40-percent less vibration, and you can feel it while working.
- The handle is also very comfortable and includes a handy gripping cushion which is nice when working for prolonged periods of time.