Now that you have finally started the gym of your dreams, you will need a nice place to store all of your free weights. The last thing you want is your dumbbells and kettlebells lying all over the floor and causing accidents. In this post, we tell you about the best dumbbell racks on the market to help you get started.
- 10. Titan Fitness Tier 2 Dumbbell Rack Stand
- 9. Cap Barbell RK-CB16H Dumbbell and Kettlebell Storage Rack
- 8. Marcy Combo Storage Rack
- 7. Cap Barbell 24″ Utility Rack
- 6. Sports & Fitness Awareness 3-Tier Dumbbell Tree
- 5. X-Mark Fitness 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack
- 4. Cap Barbell RK-3D Dumbbell Rack
- 3. Marcy Multiple Dumbbell Rack
- 2. Cap Barbell A Frame Dumbbell Rack
- 1. Marcy 3-Level Dumbbell Rack
10. Titan Fitness Tier 2 Dumbbell Rack Stand
Made from durable material, the Titan Fitness Tier 2 is a solid dumbbell rack. It is an excellent choice for a home gym and can accommodate up to 10 dumbbells. The rack is 22.5 inches high and 25 inches wide, offering a maximum capacity of 500 pounds. As such, you can mix and match dumbbells of various weights. Each tier allows for a total storage weight of 10 inches.
- Made from durable 12ga. Steel
- Has a high weight capacity of 500 pounds
- Good for a home gym
- Easy to assemble
- 10 and 15 pound dumbbells don’t fit well on this rack.
9. Cap Barbell RK-CB16H Dumbbell and Kettlebell Storage Rack
This is an outstanding product design from Cap Barbell that combines function with style. All of this is achieved without compromising durability and safety. Stainless steel is used for construction to ensure a safe and secure environment for storage. The rack features rubber grommet trimmed dumbbell cradles that do a fine job of preventing scratches. You can use the RK-CB16H to store up to 4 dumbbells or utilize the shelves for additional accessories like a water bottle, workout towel and more. Its maximum weight capacity is 225 pounds.
- Covered in scratch-resistant powder coat finish
- Looks nice
- Study construction
- Not the most stable rack
8. Marcy Combo Storage Rack
The Marco Combo Storage Rack will hold your dumbbells, plates, kettleballs and more. Main highlights include Olympic sized posts as well as three tiers of solid steel. The four posts can hold Olympic sized plates. With a total weight capacity of 1000 pounds, you can rest assured that this rack will hold your weights. The rack has rubber feet that help protect your floors. What’s even better is that the whole body is covered with powder coated finish to prevent stains.
- Can hold more weight than most models on this list
- Offers floor protection with rubber feet
- Plenty of storage space for your weights
- Rods for storing dumbbells tend to pinch your fingers when storing dumbbells
7. Cap Barbell 24″ Utility Rack
Keep all of your weights in an organized manner with the Cap Barbell 24″ utility rack. The rack doesn’t take up much space and has two tiers where you can fit your free weights as well as other exercise equipment. It is constructed from solid steel that allows for a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds. The design of the rack keeps your floors safe from scratches and away from the workout area.
- Very sturdy
- Fits most kettlebells, dumbbells and medicine balls
- Good value for the money
- Dumbbells have a tendency to scratch the floor
6. Sports & Fitness Awareness 3-Tier Dumbbell Tree
This 3-tier dumbbell rack can be placed on a table and allows you to store up to three pairs of dumbbells. It supports a maximum weight of 32 pounds and can only be used on a hard surface, say a table or shelf. The rack features black, countersunk and long screws that allow for enhanced stability and look.
- Nice option for small apartments
- Enhanced stability
- Made from heavy duty plastic
- Many customers prefer steel racks over ones made from plastic
- Reduced weight capacity
5. X-Mark Fitness 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack
Perhaps the best thing about the X-Mark Fitness dumbbell rack is that it features angled shelves that allow for easy storage and retrieval. It holds a complete set of 5-50 pound dumbbells, which isn’t easy to achieve at this price range. The rack is made from 14 gauge steel that’s covered with scratch resistant powder coat finish. A taller shelf lip holds the dumbbells in place more securely.
- Constructed with heavy duty 14-gauge steel
- Plenty of space for your weights
- Easy to store and retrieve dumbbells thanks to angled shelves
- Too shallow to hold the smaller dumbbell weights
4. Cap Barbell RK-3D Dumbbell Rack
The Cap Barbell RK-3D dumbbell rack has two tiers that can support a maximum weight of 500 pounds. It is made from heavy duty steel and has a black/white finish. The angled lower level allows for easy lifting. This 50″ 2-tier rack is perfect for storing Chrome, Hex Rubber Coated, Hex Cast Iron as well as Pro-Style Dumbbells.
- Backed 30-day warranty
- Designed with 12-gauge steel
- Has a high weight capacity
- Holds most dumbbells
- Wobbles to the side a little when fully loaded
3. Marcy Multiple Dumbbell Rack
Keep your free weights well organized and off the floor with the Marcy Multiple Dumbbell rack. This compact unit is made from 14-gauge steel and accommodates all dumbbells ranging from neoprene to cast iron. It is easy to assemble and measures 27″ L x 8.5″ W x 21″ H when complete.
- Offers more storage space than most racks on this list
- Durable construction with 14-gauge steel
- Accommodates all kinds of dumbbells
- Depth is too big for some dumbbells
2. Cap Barbell A Frame Dumbbell Rack
This racks holds up to five pairs of rubber hex, neoprene and cast iron dumbbells with a maximum weight of 200 pounds. Its small size makes it a good option for those who aren’t on the market for big racks or anyone living in a small apartment. It is relatively easy to assemble this rack.
- Holds five pairs of dumbbells with a maximum weight of 200lbs
- Easy to assemble
- Backed by 30-day warranty
- Smells awful when unpacked for the first time
- Tight space between slots
1. Marcy 3-Level Dumbbell Rack
This 3 level dumbbell rack offers gym-quality construction home. It has a heavy duty steel frame with powder coated frame. The rack accommodates all kinds of dumbbells and has an angle shelf design for easy storage as well as retrieval.
- Good value for money
- Angled rack design
- Very sturdy
- Screws aren’t threaded all the way through
Construction, design and versatility are crucial when it comes to finding the best dumbbell racks. All of the above racks tick the above boxes and more. Whatever you decide to choose, ensure that it stays clear of the workout area to prevent accidents.