Water heating had been a tiring task in the past when people used to manually take the water buckets and heat it literally on those metallic vessels. Then the technology took advance leaps, and we were introduced to water heating systems. This came with some side problems like time consumption, expensive fuel consumption, and sometimes inefficient water heating after all the dollars spent. Then came the direct vent water heater.
We find quite a variety of models when it comes to direct vent water heater. It becomes very hard sometimes to choose between all those models because some are so strikingly similar. We have reduced the energy you could have possibly invest in looking for the best DV water heating systems and jotted down ten amazing products for you. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
10. Rheem RTGH-95DVLN-2 Indoor Direct Vent Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater
Rheem is known for the best water heaters for ages. This indoors heater is one of those amazing products the company is known for. This is a handy indoor water heater weighing only 78 pounds and less than three feet in size.
- It comes with 22 years heat exchanger warranty
- Very suitable for domestic use
- Its power source is corded electric and is very easy to install.
- It has an upgraded fan which has reduced the vent size, ensuring a better efficacy.
9. Rheem RTGH-84DVLN Indoor Direct Vent Natural Gas Condensing Tankless Water Heater Low Nox
This is another amazing product by Rheem. It is a tankless heater which works on the principle of condensing natural gas. This water heater is useful for residential as well as large scale water heating if multiple units are joined together. It has:
- A built-in 120-volt electric power supply.
- Burner is environment-friendly
- Freeze protection up to minus 30 degrees F.
- An activation flow rate of 8.4 GPM, remote control, and a 10 feet thermostat wire.
- Equipped with an overheating guard chip which enables safety self-diagnostic system.
8. Rheem RTGH-95DVLP-2 Indoor Tankless Propane Water Heater, Grey
This indoor unit is worth 1200 dollars and is one solution to all water heating problems. It also weighs 78 pounds approximately with a 21 years heat exchanger warranty. It consumes 50% less energy than the usual water heaters.
- The ventilation and fresh air connections are properly clamped.
- It is easy to install and easier to use.
- This tankless water heater also has cold protection and instant water heating ability even if you have a family of 8.
7. Rheem RTGH-95XLN Prestige Natural Gas Outdoor Whole House Low NOx Condensing water heater
Rheem never fails to provide us with one best water heater after another. This model is another example of their amazing technology. It is a light weight and a tankless outdoor unit with multiple features like:
- A minimum activation flow rate of 0.4 GPM.
- It has an efficient condensing heat exchanger with 21 years warranty.
- It has 35 feet of PVC which can be attached for the heating system to work.
- Digital remote control and a ten feet thermostat wire are also included in the package.
- Noritz Tankless Water Heaters Reviews
- Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters Reviews
- Best Tankless Gas Water Heaters Reviews
- Tankless Electric Water Heaters Reviews
6. Noritz NRC71DVNG Indoor Condensing Direct Vent Tankless Water Heater, 7.1 GPM – Natural Gas
This is a very handy lightweight vent water heater by Noritz which weighs only 41 pounds. It provides endless hot water through its advanced heat exchanger with a warranty of 12 years. Besides, the following are its main features.
- Flow rate is however only up to 7 gallons per minute
- The pressure inside the house is regulated by a knob.
- This water heater takes only forty seconds to one minute to provide you with good hot water.
5. Noritz NRC98DVNG Indoor Condensing Direct Vent Tankless Water
This is another amazing tankless water heater with a good flow rate of almost ten gallons per minute. It is a compact, lightweight heater with a smooth venting system and a very efficient heat exchanger. It can also be easily joined with two similar units to be used for increased usage.
- It has a standard convertible vent and uses natural gas as a fuel of consumption.
- The heat exchanger uses commercial-grade-k copper with thicker piping.
- It costs almost 1500 dollars to get this one of a kind water heater.
4. Rheem RTG-95DVLP 9.5 GPM Low NOx Indoor Direct Vent Tankless Propane Water Heater
This low Nox low weight version of water heater costs less than a thousand dollars. It’s a propane tankless indoor water heater and has a good flow rate of 9.5 GPM at 35-degree rise. It comes with remote control and ten feet of thermostat wire.
- This water heater weighs only 54 pounds and is very handy for residential purposes.
- It has a concentric adapter without using any adapter.
- It has a next-generation burner with an activation flow rate of only 0.26 GPM.
- It is the best choice for saving a lot of bucks, and in turn, it provides a continuous supply of hot water.
3. Takagi T-H3M-DV-N Condensing Direct Vent Tankless Water Heater
This is another tankless DV water heater which works on the principle of direct venting. This is a very useful water heater and is made in Japan. It is equipped with inlet and outlet thermistors which are made for the temperature monitoring on the go. This heater is a perfect choice for residential heating systems.
- It can be connected with the storage tanks and recirculation systems.
- It is a highly efficient product which weighs only 49 pounds.
- It can easily provide you with an endless hot water supply in freezing colds.
- It uses gas 120000 BTU of gas input.
- This heater also has an inbuilt temperature safety sensor, and a temperature cut off switch.
2. EZ Deluxe Tankless Water Heater – 3.4 GPM – Propane (LPG) –
This is a deluxe water heater with a very small flow rate of 3.5 GPM. It has a direct vent exhaust included in the whole package which makes it very handy and useful. This is a very handy water heater which can be easily used for a family having two bathrooms.
- It uses LPG as its main source of energy supply and is an indoor installation unit.
- It has an LCD control panel which makes easy operation and easy temperature setting.
- It weighs only 31 pounds and uses 110 volts.
- It uses only 87000 BTU of propane.
1. Rheem RTG-84DVP Low Nox Direct Vent Tankless Water Heater
This is one of a kind water heater that is by far the best of it’s kind. This water heater has a minimum activation flow rate of 0.26 gallons per minute. It does come with the remote control and ten feet thermostat.
- Uses almost 180 thousand BTU of liquid propane
- For the vent activation, we do need a vent termination kit with this water heater.
- It is almost 1200 dollars and weighs 62 pounds.
- Its flow rate is 8.4 GPM and is ideal for residential purposes.
- This model has a very efficient water heat exchanger with a warranty of 12 years.