Compression stockings are stretchable garments that apply pressure to your lower legs. As a result, the compression stockings also help circulate blood flow. It is especially beneficial for those who suffer from deep vein thrombosis, varicose veins, or lymphatic obstruction. If you or someone you know stands quite a lot during their job, they are a perfect candidate for these stockings. In fact, anyone can use compression stockings to prevent blood clots and slow the aging process.
There are a variety of compression stockings to choose from depending on the purpose. For example, the levels of compression stockings vary from mild(8-15 mmHg), moderate(15-20 mmHg), and firm(20-30 mmHg). Pregnant women tend to be at higher risk for blood clots or DVT. Thus, compression stockings can help reduce the swelling and leg pains caused by those blood clots. However, if you are not pregnant, maybe you play sports? A firm level of compression level athletic stockings will be perfect for those women who play any high impact or intense sports. Another type of compression stocking is the anti-embolism or TED (Thromboembolic deterrent) hose. The TED hose is very popular among those who have just had surgery and can not move around too much. Now, if you just happen to be on your feet most of the time, I recommend that you use moderate(15-20 mmHg) level compression stockings.
10. Truform Women’s 15-20 mmHg Sheer Knee High Compression Stockings
- 10. Truform Women’s 15-20 mmHg Sheer Knee High Compression Stockings
- 9. Jobst Relief THIGH HIGH – Firm Compression 20-30mmHg M Open-Toe with Silicone Band
- 8. Compression Socks | Womens Black Compression Stockings
- 7. Fytto 1007 Women’s Sheer Moderate Compression Socks
- 6. Compression Socks (Fun Patterns 20-30mmHg) Men & Women Running Casual Socks by CompressionZ
- 5. Wanderlust Air Travel Compression Socks: Premium Stockings For Men & Women
- 4. Dr Motion Ladies 6 Pair Pack Compression Socks (Assorted)
- 3. Sockwell Women’s Circulator Moderate (15-20mmHg) Graduated Compression Socks
- 2. Fytto 1020 Compression Socks Women
- 1. Compression Socks by A-Swift – Best For Sports, Crossfit, Flight Travel
- Related Posts:
These compression stockings are the moderate strength. Therefore, they are perfect for first time users who want to relieve or prevent leg swelling. The Truform Compression stockings are very comfortable. However, be sure to choose the correct size. Sufferers of minor leg swelling, aching legs, or minor varicose veins can find relief with these stockings. The Truform Compression Stocking materials are 80% nylon and 20% spandex. This garment is FDA approved and comes in 8 different colors.
- Helps blood circulation, Inexpensive, Comfy, Breathable fabric
- For first time wearers or those with minor swelling and spider veins
9. Jobst Relief THIGH HIGH – Firm Compression 20-30mmHg M Open-Toe with Silicone Band
Jobst relief carries four different size options for these open-toe compression stockings. However, they only come in 2 colors. The material of these socks are 70% Nylon, 23% Spandex, and 7% Silicone. The compression is the highest level of compression which is firm. Ultimately, the Jobst Relief compression stockings are ideal for those with moderate to severe varicose veins and edema. Also, it aids in the prevention of DVT, venous ulcers, and superficial venous thrombosis.
- Helps blood circulation, Durable, Affordable, Effective, Comfy
- Silicon band tends to run down (make sure you purchase the correct size)
Other Topic: Top 10 Compression Socks For Men 2018 Reviews
8. Compression Socks | Womens Black Compression Stockings
The Sugar-Free Sox compression stockings are graduated moderate compression (15-20 mmHg). The materials in these stockings include 80% Nylon and 20% Spandex and are extremely comfortable. For this reason, the Sugar Free Sox compression stockings are perfect for people traveling or working jobs that require long periods of standing. Also, these stockings help with diabetic compression, edema, swollen ankles, plantar fasciitis, swollen legs, and swollen feet. It features expanded toe construction which allows more wiggle room for your toes.
- Helps blood circulation, Durable, Comfy, Inexpensive, Sturdy,
- Sizing is a bit small, No color variation
7. Fytto 1007 Women’s Sheer Moderate Compression Socks
Fytto compression socks have a variety of four colors. If you experience water retention in the lower half of your body, these stockings are ideal for you. Also, pregnant women who experience swollen legs will find relief with the Fytto 15-20 mmHg compression stockings.
- Helps blood circulation, Effective, Durable, Comfy, Inexpensive
- Foot sizing a little off
6. Compression Socks (Fun Patterns 20-30mmHg) Men & Women Running Casual Socks by CompressionZ
The CompressionZ running socks are firm compression (20-30 mmGg). Therefore, these socks are perfect for everyday use. CompressionZ socks are suitable for athletes or anyone that is physically active. Also, these socks come in a variety of fun colors.
- Promotes blood circulation, Promotes faster muscle recovery, Anti-odor, Anti-static, Insulated, Suitable for those who play sports, Breathable material
- Socks may leave an imprint
5. Wanderlust Air Travel Compression Socks: Premium Stockings For Men & Women
Guaranteed To Prevent Swelling, Pain, Edema, & DVT – Medical Grade Graduated Support And Recovery For Airplane Flight & More. Many compression socks fall under 1 of 3 levels of compression. However, the Wanderlust Air Travel Compression socks are different. These socks are 25-30 mmHg at the foot and ankle, 15-20 mmHg at the middle Of the leg and calf, and 10-15 mmHg under the knee. Also, the material is 80% Cotton, 6% Polyester, 9% Nylon, and 5% Lycra.
- Promotes blood circulation, Affordable, Treats spider veins, Ideal for traveling
- Only available in one color
4. Dr Motion Ladies 6 Pair Pack Compression Socks (Assorted)
Dr. Motion’s compression socks are good for those who have spider veins, don’t move around a lot, or have minor swelling. Now, the cool thing about these compression stockings is that they come in a pack of 6 and have 14 different color schemes.
- Promotes blood flow, Non-binding, Seamless toe for comfort
- Fabric might be too thin
3. Sockwell Women’s Circulator Moderate (15-20mmHg) Graduated Compression Socks
Sockwell’s socks are moderate graduated compression. Moreover, the materials are 32% Merino Wool, 32% Stretch Nylon, 31% Bamboo Rayon, and 5% Spandex. In addition to providing wearers swelling relief, Sockwell’s compression socks reduce fatigue.
- Promotes blood circulation, Arch support, Affordable, Comfortable
- Not very durable
2. Fytto 1020 Compression Socks Women
The Fytto 1020 Compression socks are 25% Nylon and 75% Spandex. This formal hosiery will help those who have minor implications, foot swelling, varicose veins, and tired or achy legs.
- Comfy, Great for nurses, Affordable, Great for pregnancy swelling
- Foot space minimal
1. Compression Socks by A-Swift – Best For Sports, Crossfit, Flight Travel
Above all, the A-Swift firm compression socks have quite the variety regarding colors and sizes. For instance, the colors range from rainbow stripes to ocean harmony. If you’re looking for firm compression socks for your athletic endeavors, I recommend A-Swift compression socks.
- Promotes blood circulation, Comfy, Durable, Ideal for sports, Anti-static, Anti-odor, Prevents injuries
The compression stockings listed are all excellent candidates for people who need support or pain relief in their legs. Above all, the compression stockings are very affordable. While some of the products have a few negative attributes, it won’t hurt to test each compression level. Also, it is important to note that all of the stockings are different so you may need to search depending on your need. While an athlete may require firm compression level socks, moderate level compression would be just fine for those experiencing minor swelling or fatigue.