Car seats become the most important items for parents who travel with their babies. There are two types of car seats for kids; convertible and infant car seats. An infant car seat accommodates kids weighing up to 40lbs and comes in a rear-facing position only. The convertible seat, however, switches from rear-facing to forward-facing positions and carries kids weighing eighty pounds. Here’s a list of the best convertible car seats for toddlers:
10. Cosco Apt 40RF Convertible Car Seat
Give your child a comfortable ride with the Cosco Apt 40RF. The convertible car seat accommodates babies weighing up to 40 pounds and forty inches in height. What’s more, you don’t have to struggle with the harness as it features five adjustable points.
- Two modes of use- rear (5-40 lbs) and forward seating position (22-40 lbs)
- Each seat comes with side-impact protection giving you peace of mind that your little one is safe.
- Its latch functionality allows a hassle-free installation
- Two built-in compact cup holders for users to store snacks and drinks
- Makes an excellent seat for airplane travel
- Fits perfectly in different vehicles
9. Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible, Licorice
For parents looking for car seats to grow with their kids, the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio makes an excellent buy.
- Allows rear-facing for kids weighing 5-45 pounds and forward-facing for those weighing 22-65 pounds
- It adjusts to ten different positions even when the child is sitting, ensuring a secure fit
- Energy-absorbing foam spreads throughout the seat to protect the kid’s head and torso from impact
- Side impact protection for the child’s neck, spine, and head
- The shock absorbing foam feature located below the shell crinkles upon impact, thus minimizing stress on the child’s neck and shoulders in case of a crash
- The headrest isn’t too deep or too narrow to provide comfort
8. Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat, Sully
The convertible car seat allows rear-facing for babies weighing 4-40 pounds and forward-facing for children weighing 20-65 lbs. Note that Graco car seats rank among the best convertible car seats for toddlers as they are rigorously crash tested and meet all US safety standards.
- A removable infant insert when your child needs more room
- A head rest to keep your baby comfortable regardless of the length of your trip
- Eight-position headrest that can be adjusted to adapt to your child’s growing needs
- InRight latch mechanism for fast attachment
- A latch system and simple level indicator allows a hassle-free set-up
- Harness does not need re-threading
- The five-point adjustable harness gives you peace of mind of the child’s safety when driving
7. Safety 1st Grow and Go Air three-in-one Car Seat, Evening Tide
The seat is designed to grow with your child right from the first trip from the hospital till she is grown. When the child is ready to use the vehicle seat, you can remove the harness and use the Grow and Go three-in-one car seat that is usually fitted in a belt-positioning booster mode.
- Rear-facing position that accommodates kids weighing 5-40 pounds and the forward-facing position accommodates those weighing up to 65 lbs
- Removable grow-with-baby pillows for additional comfort
- The quick fit harness for extra convenience in the rear and forward facing positions allow you to adjust the headrest for a more comfortable fit
- Accommodates kids weighing up to 100 pounds
6. Graco Contender 65 Car Seat, Glacier
The seat allows a rear-facing position for infants weighing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing position for kids weighing 20-65 lbs. The convertible seat also features a washable seat pad, removable head/body support and two buckling positions for a secure fit.
- Simple adjusting harness system that grows with your child as it automatically adjusts the harness and headrest height
- Eight-position headrest that is adjustable to adapt to the kid’s growing needs
- A LATCH system with an easy-to-read level indicator to provide a hassle-free installation
- Tested for side-impact and meets US safety standards
- No need to re-thread the seat’s harness
- The harness is pretty easy to adjust
5. Graco 4ever Convertible Car Seat, (Studio)
Providing up to ten years of service, it makes the perfect convertible seat for your growing child. The Simple Safe to Adjust Harness and ten-position headrest allows you to set the harness without rethreading.
- A five-point harness seat
- Transitions from a rear-facing position for infants weighing 4-40 pounds to a forward-facing position for children weighing 20-65 lbs
- High-back belt-positioning booster for kids weighing 30-100 pounds
- A backless belt position for those weighing 40-120 lbs
- InRight latch mechanism for fast and a hassle-free setup
- Harness does not need re-threading
- Its six-position recline system ensures a secure and comfortable fit for your child
4. Disney APT Mouseketeer Minnie Convertible Seat
The Disney Apt provides the most comfortable ride for your child. ts headrest features a mouse-ear shape to keep the head comfortable while the high-quality pink fabric makes the ride secure and fun.
- A forward-facing position for kids weighing 22-40 pounds with 43 inches in height
- Rear-facing position for children weighing 5-40 pounds
- The LATCH mechanism ensures fast installation
- A five-point harness fitted with an up-front adjustment for additional convenience
- Side impact protection is designed to keep your child safe in the event of a side impact crash
- Comes with a Deluxe soft goods Disney package
- Beautiful design
3. GracoMySize 65 Convertible Car Seat, Matrix
Having gone through rigorous safety tests, the product makes the perfect convertible seat for your child. The simple safe-adjust harness mechanism, on the one hand, does not require rethreading and adjusts automatically. It also has an InRight latch mechanism to ensure a hassle-free setup and removal.
- Forward-facing position harnessed for kids weighing 20-65 pounds
- Rear-facing position for children weighing 4-40 pounds
- The seat weighs 19.3lbs
- Five-point to make getting your little one in and out of the seat easy
- Three-position recline system ensures your growing child remains comfortable
- The cup holders are conveniently placed to keep drinks within reach for your little one
- Car seat pads are machine washable
- Manufacturer offers a one-year warranty
2. EvenfloSonus, Charcoal Sky Car Seat
The convertible has been tested for side impact, structural integrity for energy levels two times the federal crash test, and meets all federal safety standards. It is lightweight and has a compact size, making it easy to switch between different vehicles.
- Upfront five-point adjustable harness makes it easy for you get your baby in and out
- A rear-facing recline and four shoulder harness positions to accommodate growing children
- Five-shoulder strap positions for a proper fit
- Head pillow is removable to enhance comfort
- The head pillow is machine washable
- Built-in ventilation offers additional comfort to your child
1. Graco Nautilus Harness Booster, Matrix
The three-in-one multi-mode car seat is designed to accommodate children weighing 20-100 pounds. The harness is easy to install. It has a frame made of steel for durability. Its cup holder provides easy storage and access.
- An extended five-point harness for kids weighing 20-65 lbs
- A high back booster for children weighing 30-100 pounds
- A backless booster for those weighing 40-100 lbs
- Three-position recline to keep your growing child comfortable
- Built-in five-point harness system
- A three-position recline for additional comfort and easy setup
- Harness comes with a lock-off buckle for a secure installation
- It is tested for side impact protection