When you’re out camping, one of the best creature comforts is falling asleep to the sound of the wilderness. Yes, there isn’t anything more relaxing than the sound of owls hooting or the sound of crickets chirping, but one of the unfortunate aspects of the wilderness is that it rarely comes with a Tempurpedic bed. As a result, many campers bring a sleeping pad with their tent or inflatable mattresses that can make the trip more comfortable. In many situations, you still wake up a bit sore, so tent cots were created. These tents combine the comfort of a good cot with the outdoor-friendliness of a tent.
15. Atwater Carey Sleep Screen Pop-Up Mosquito-Net
One thing about the wilderness that many people can’t stand is the bugs, specifically the mosquitoes. With this in mind, Atwater Carey has developed this pop-up mosquito net that will keep you protected inside your tent from the pesky skeeters.
- This product is pre-treated with insect shield technology so that the bugs stay away.
- This is very easy to setup the product.
- It’s also completely scent-free.
14. USA STAR Mountain Waterproof Tent Dome Outdoor Camping Instant Tents
A good tent should be able to keep you protected from the elements across more than a few seasons. This product is designed to work in most seasonal weather patterns save for winter, making it very useful for most campers. Additionally, it’s an instant tent, which means that it deploys with a single touch.
- It weighs less than four pounds in totality.
- It’s large enough for most people.
- It’s a strong tent for most outdoor applications.
13. Kamp-Rite Tent Cot Double Rainfly
This product is actually a great rainfly for a tent cot. It has an excellent design that will protect you from the harsh elements so that you can enjoy your trip away from civilization. In fact, this product is convenient enough to fit in most tent cot carry bags.
- This product even fits double-size tent cots.
- It’s very light; you’ll be able to carry it everywhere without really noticing its weight.
- It’s swift to deploy.
12. Integrity Bedding Extra Large 4″ Thick Orthopedic Memory Foam Camping Pad
Memory foam is one of the modern materials that has taken the world by storm. This space-age material conforms to your body and “remembers” how your body fits so that you are always comfortable. This pad is designed for your overall comfort and is made to fit perfectly in most tents.
- It’s designed in a camouflage style so that you can use it safely on hunting trips.
- It’s fully washable.
- This memory foam pad has three layers, which is very comfortable.
11. OUTAD Off Ground Backpacking Tent Cot
Weight and portability are important for just about any piece of camping gear, which is why the Outland Off-Ground tent is an excellent product. First, it’s durable; it’s made of ripstop nylon that can take a beating from the elements. Secondly, it weighs less than six pounds, making it incredibly easy to carry around when it’s folded up.
- This is an elevated tent cot; you won’t have to worry about the uneven ground or insect intruders.
- It is very durable and is even waterproof.
- The netting is very breathable, which helps you avoid feeling stuffed up in the morning.
10. Kamp-Rite Insect Protection System
Insects are the number one issue with camping, and this Kamp-Rite product does a great job at significantly reducing the amount of biting insects during your camping trip. In fact, this protection system even includes a rain fly that will protect you from sudden downpours.
- This is a good system to keep your insect bite-free in most weather conditions.
- The mesh allows you to have an unimpeded view of the stars.
- It’s very lightweight and easy to travel with.
9. Kamp-Rite Compact Collapsible Tent Cot
Sometimes, when you’re camping, you need some elevation to be truly comfortable and insect-free. This Kamp-Rite product is a collapsible option that is also easy to pack away but will keep you more than a foot off the ground.
- The material of this product is weatherproof and very durable.
- The cot and tent are actually independent.
- The mesh doors are designed to provide privacy still.
8. Kamp-Rite Compact Extra-Large Tent Cot
Our next Kamp-Rite product is designed similarly to our previous one, but this time it has a larger design. In fact, this product has an impressive 400-pound weight capacity. Additionally, it has a storage hammock, which really adds convenience to your camping trip.
- This thing’s capacity is awe-inspiring.
- Most weather won’t get through the tent cot because of the very protective rain fly.
- It’s made of solid and durable nylon.
7. Outsunny Compact Portable Pop-Up Tent
If you’re looking for a nice, premium option, this Outsunny has a ton of great features for a tent cot. One of the most impressive is its ability to be taken down quickly and easily. Additionally, you can even separate the components so that you can sleep uncovered in the outdoors or sleep flush with the soil.
- The zippered entry is very well-protected and sturdy.
- It comes with an air mattress that also has a foot pump for easy inflation.
- It is effortless to unpack and pack into its compact form.
6. Kamp-Rite Tent Cot Original Size Tent Cot
This product is another Kamp-Rite tent cot that performs exceptionally during camping trips. While it is a one-person product, this tent cot has several comfort features that make camping out exceptional. First, it rests 11 inches off the ground, ensuring that you won’t have issues with pebbles or creepy crawlies. Additionally, this product can support occupants that weigh up to 300 pounds.
- It can be used as either a cot or a lounge chair, perfect for backyard setup.
- The rainfly really protects you from the elements.
- It comes apart and packs away easily.
5. TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Quick Tent
This Teton cot is designed to be set up quickly, which can be a big benefit for last-minute campers. It also has some great cot functionality that will give you some elevation above the wet soil and any insects inside. While the cot itself isn’t included, this product does have a rainfly that will keep you nice and dry.
- This is a rugged pop-up quick tent.
- It has several weatherproof layers for an arid experience.
- It’s very comfortable and breathable inside.
4. Browning Camping Big Horn Family/Hunting Tent
This tent is designed with a family in mind. It is huge and designed to be used in the most intense weather conditions you can think of. While this tent doesn’t come with cots included, it has more than enough room for several.
- This tent has rooms for family members to camp out.
- It is just about impenetrable when it comes to weather.
3. Kamp-Rite Double TentCot
As another Kamp-Rite product that’s designed to keep you high and dry, this double tent cot is perfect for providing a comfortable experience during your excursions. In fact, it’s even a great tent for a couple; it can hold up to 500 pounds at a time, which should accommodate most people. Additionally, the rainfly is very weather-resistant, which means that you shouldn’t have to worry too much about moisture from above or below.
- This is a tent with excellent capacity.
- It’s elevated at a full 11 inches off the ground, which will protect you from moisture, bugs, or even snakes.
- The entire structure is very durable.
2. Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot
Kamp-Rite definitely makes a sturdy tent cot. This particular product has a heavy-duty outer layer that is comprised of 210D nylon. This nylon layer is also perfect for negating the effects of most bad weather as well. Additionally, this tent is also easy to set up; it should take less than a minute to get ready. In addition to this, this tent can comfortably fit two people, so it’s perfect for a couple in a pinch.
- Like all Kamp-Rite products, it comes with an insulation pad.
- It is elevated a full 11 inches off of the ground.
- It’s simple to set up quickly.
1. SansBug 1-Person Free-Standing Pop-Up Mosquito-Net
This mosquito net is designed to fit comfortably on top of a cot so that you can spend your camping trip safe from bugs, snakes, and any other creepy-crawly that is a little bit too curious. Additionally, it is exceptionally light; the entire net only weighs about 2.5 pounds. One of its best features is its ability to pop up almost instantly into shape, making it a cinch to set up.
- The poles are fiberglass, which makes them durable and lightweight.
- The polyester mesh used in this product is especially protected against smaller insects.
- It can also easily fit an air mattress.