Yoga has become one of the most popular forms of physical activity, and it’s especially popular for women. It’s important to wear the right clothes during your yoga practice. Yoga pants are designed especially for this purpose. Most are multi-functional and can also be used for other forms of exercise or simply lounging around the house, since they’re designed to be comfortable, lightweight and breathable.
Yoga pants come in a few different styles. Some are form-fitting and include a stretchy fabric such as spandex. This helps to compress the body, provide a streamlined fit, and allow a wide range of leg movement. Other yoga pants are made mostly of soft cotton, which is naturally breathable even when sweating. Some yoga pants have a wide flared leg and fold-over waistband, which is ideal for those who want something more forgiving than leggings or tights.
The most important criteria to look for when choosing yoga pants include fabric, breathability, comfort, sizing, opacity and affordability. These 10 yoga pants are highly rated by many users.
10. Lookatool High Waisted Yoga Pant
- 10. Lookatool High Waisted Yoga Pant
- 9. HDE Women’s Color Block Fold Over Leggings
- 8. Popular Basics Women’s Cotton Yoga Pants
- 7. Manstore Women’s Workout Leggings
- 6. Viosi Women’s Premium Fold Over Yoga Pants
- 5. Unique Styles Fold-Over Waistband Stretchy Yoga Pants
- 4. 90 Degree By Reflex Yoga Capris
- 3. Spalding Women’s BootLeg Yoga Pant
- 2. Spalding Women’s Capri Legging
- 1. 90 Degree by Reflex Women’s Power Flex Yoga Pants
- Related Posts:
First on our list is this yoga pant from Lookatool. They’re very stretchy, comfortable and soft. Though they’re listed as high-waisted, they’re more of a medium-rise pant. The best part about these pants is the color — they come in a ton of fun patterns and are so cheap that you can buy different pairs for different moods.
- Over 30 patterns and colors
- Capri length
- Slim fit with medium rise
- Soft and breathable
- Not supportive/compressing
9. HDE Women’s Color Block Fold Over Leggings
These affordable yoga pants from HDE come in several basic color patterns. They have a high-waisted fit with a fold-over waistband, and they manage to be both warm and breathable at the same time. With stretchy cotton material, they’re comfortable enough to wear all day long. However, make sure to follow the laundering directions carefully, as they may shrink in the wash.
- Fold-over waistband
- Flared leg opening
- 95% cotton
- May shrink in the wash
- Too long for short women
Other Topic: Top 10 Yoga Pants for Men 2018 Reviews
8. Popular Basics Women’s Cotton Yoga Pants
The Popular Basics yoga pants are made of comfortable, stretchy cotton. They’re breathable enough that you won’t feel weighed down or sweaty during yoga class. They’re quite comfortable, but since they’re not always completely opaque, we don’t recommend wearing them around town without a long top.
- Fold-down waist accommodates different stomach sizes
- 92% cotton material
- Breathable and comfortable
- Not completely opaque
7. Manstore Women’s Workout Leggings
These Manstore yoga leggings are tight-fitting and flattering. They come in only two colors, but the color block pattern conforms to the body. These leggings are breathable and comfortable despite their slim fit, but on the other hand the fabric can be so thin that it tears easily. It’s best to save these pants for an easy-going yoga class.
- Low price
- Breathable fabric
- Slim, streamlined fit
- Flattering color block pattern
- Few color options
- Very thin, easy-to-tear fabric
- Low waist
6. Viosi Women’s Premium Fold Over Yoga Pants
The Viosi yoga pants are made of cotton and spandex. They have a slim fit and relatively long inseam, perfect for those with long legs. They also have a fold-over waistband, so you can conceal your stomach or let it be free. These pants are on the thin side, but they’re not see-through — the best of both worlds.
- 92% cotton
- Thick comfortable material
- Fold-over waist band for additional comfort
- Thin but not opaque
- Pants run a little long
5. Unique Styles Fold-Over Waistband Stretchy Yoga Pants
These yoga pants from Unique Styles are comfortable enough for yoga, errands or relaxing. They’re made of stretchy cotton with a fold-over waistband, and they come in many different color patterns. These pants have a flared leg opening, which helps with ventilation as well as comfort. This style is great for those who want a forgiving silhouette.
- Fold-over waist band for versatility
- 95% cotton
- Flared leg opening
- Comfortable and stretchable
- Run long
- Thin material
4. 90 Degree By Reflex Yoga Capris
The 90 Degree capri yoga pants are form-fitting and slightly high-waisted. They come in a wide array of colors from bright pink to plain black or brown. These leggings are simple and affordable, and they’re perfect for yoga due to their stretchy breathable fabric. They’re also very opaque.
- Many different colors
- Low price
- Hidden pocket
- High waist
- Run long
- Pill quickly
3. Spalding Women’s BootLeg Yoga Pant
This Spalding pant is aptly named — the silhouette resembles a bootcut jean, with its slightly flared leg opening. These pants have a subtle flare, with a slim fit throughout the rest of the body. The waist is quite slim-fitting as well, which may not be ideal for those who want a forgiving waistline.
- Comfortable flared pant leg
- 92% cotton
- Soft and comfortable
- Slim fit in waist
- Only comes in 3 plain colors
- Shrink in the wash
2. Spalding Women’s Capri Legging
The capri legging by Spalding comes just below the knee, which is perfect for warmer weather or hot yoga classes. They come in all basic colors and they’re breathable and comfy. These pants are somewhat loose at the top, which some may appreciate and others may hate.
- 98% cotton material
- Breathable material
- Easy to wash
- Not 100% opaque
- Shows sweat
- Somewhat loose at the top
1. 90 Degree by Reflex Women’s Power Flex Yoga Pants
Our top pick are these yoga pants from 90 Degree By Reflex. They have several strengths: plentiful color options, breathable and moisture-wicking material, and an affordable price. Most users say these pants are not opaque as long as you buy the right size for your body. These pants fit a variety of body types.
- Many colors available
- Moisture-wicking fabric
- Thin but opaque
- Some colors are not fully opaque
These 10 yoga pants for women can be used for all types of yoga as well as other types of exercise. They come in a variety of lengths, fabrics and styles, but all are designed to maximize comfort. Wearing the right pants will allow you to flow through yoga practice easily and peacefully.