Tankless gas water heaters are gradually becoming a staple in many homes thanks to their energy efficiency. Simply put, tankless gas heaters heat water instantaneously ensuring that a homeowner only heats the amount of water needed thereby saving on energy usage.
10. Camplux 10L 2.64GPM Outdoor Tankless Propane Gas Water Heater
Camplux 2.64GPM tankless gas water heater is a good fit for a bathtub/shower heater. It features a summer/winter conversion system which enables homeowners to save more energy in summer. For safety, the heater sports a 20 minutes automatic safety system, anti-freezing and flame failure protection systems.
- Package comes with all devices and connectors needed to install the heater
- Easy to install
- Fast heating rate
9. Takagi T-KJr2-OS-NG Tankless Water Heater
The Takagi T-KJr2-OS-NG was created for outdoor use only. With a 6.6GPM flow rate, this tank offers enough to supply a small residential home. The unit uses natural gas and can be converted into a direct-vent system. It features a freeze protection system, 19,500 – 140,000BTU/hr gas rate input and 82 percent energy efficient.
- Enough power to supply a large family
- Fast heating rate
- Highly efficient in energy conservation
- Top 5 Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters 2019 Reviews
- Top 10 Rheem Tankless Water Heaters 2019 Reviews
- Tankless Electric Water Heaters Reviews
- Top 10 80-Gallon Water Heaters 2019 Reviews
- Top 10 Noritz Tankless Water Heaters 2019 Reviews
8. Takagi GT-540-PIH Propane Condensing Tankless Water Heater
Takagi has been able to create high-quality water heaters; the GT-540-PIH is one of them. It is forged from HRS35 copper which is highly resistant to erosion and highly durable. Created for indoor use, this unit features a temperature control system and diagnostics with 17 settings. For a single use, the homeowner only needs to link it to four units making it easy to install; for multiple uses – bathroom, kitchen and other rooms – one needs to connect to 20 units. The system comes with 0.95 energy factor and outputs 10GPM.
- Highly durable
- Easy installation; installation manual provided
- High and fast hot water output
7. Rinnai RUC98iN Ultra Series Tankless Water Heater
Rinnai uses natural gas condensation technology to offer more energy efficiency. This unit uses propane gas and is designed for indoor use. The system is offered with 95 percent thermal efficiency and residential temperature settings between 98 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit and commercial temperature settings of between 98 and 185 degrees Fahrenheit. Unfortunately, the temperature control unit has to be purchased separately. This compact and lightweight unit requires a gas rate input of between 15,200 and 199,000 BTU.
- Safety and efficiency tested and approved for Texas and California Standards
- 9.8 GPM output suitable for many families
6. Marey Power Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater
The compact design of the Marey Power makes it easy to install and saves on space. It is a 10L, 3.1GPM that was created for small families. This system does not require electricity at all and it uses 2 D-size cell battery and uses gas to heat flowing water. It is created environmentally friendly and saves up to 60 percent electricity power. Like other heaters in its category, the Marey Power used condensed propane to save on gas usage.
- Hot water available in seconds
- Easy installation
- Offered with safety features to protect the user
5. Rinnai RL75iN Gas Water Heater
Rinnai RL75iN was created for families with two or three bathrooms. This unit requires a gas rate input of between 10,300 and 180,000 BTU’s with a digital controller that features an error code indicator. These features make the unit easy to manage. With 82 percent thermal efficiency this unit was created for those intending to save energy. The unit produces 7.5 GPM and is offered with a residential temperature range between 98 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit and commercial settings between 98 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Relatively cheap
4. Marey Power 10L 3.1GPM Gas Tankless Water Heater
Marey is one of the major gas water heater manufacturers that have leveraged energy efficiency to create great water heaters. The Marey Power is a compact gas water heater that outputs 3.1GPM; making it ideal for a one or two bathroom family. This system features a digital temperature control, operates with two D-size cell batteries thereby saving electricity power. It is available in natural gas and LP models.
- Affordable to a high number of families
- Compact and lightweight for easy installation
- Digital control makes it easy to manage
3. Ecotemp FVI-12-NG High Capacity Water Heater
The Ecotemp FVI-12-NG is a budget gas water heater; there are reconditioned gas water heaters available in the market making it even cheaper. It is ideal for a small family (one or two bathrooms) or vacation cabins. The unit features a stainless steel horizontal vent making it easy to install. It features a maximum flow capacity of 4GPM with up to 74,000BTUs gas rate input. The unit has a digital temperature control unit and has an energy efficiency of up to 79 percent.
- High energy efficiency
- Relatively cheap with refurbished models available
- Easy to install
2. Ecotemp FVI-12-LP Propane Tankless Water Heater
Created for small to medium hot water production, the Ecotemp FVI-12-LP comes with a maximum flow of 4.8GPM and offers a minimum of 45 degrees Fahrenheit and a maximum of 77 degrees Fahrenheit. The unit is offered with a max gas rate of 74,500BTUs and an energy factor of 78 percent. The system comes with a digital temperature control unit that features independent water and gas controls.
- Budget water heater for small families
- Fast heating rate; within seconds
- Highly durable
1. Takagi TH3DV TH3 Direct Vent Indoor Gas Tankless Water Heater
The Takagi TH3DV TH3 is a compact, lightweight direct vent system that can be installed in tight spaces without giving the homeowner combustion worries. It is easily controlled by a self-diagnostic system and controller making it easy to manage. The system is 95 percent energy efficient with a flow rate of 10GPM making it a good fit for a three or four bathrooms house. It requires up to 199000 BTUs gas input and comes accompanied by all systems needed to install.
- Tested and approved for safety
- Easy to install and cheap to maintain
- Fast hot water output rate