Record players were first introduced in the late 1800s and popularized in the 1930s where users were able to listen to vinyl records in the comfort of their own homes. Since then, they have gone through revolutionary changes. Although records are nearly obsolete, numerous enthusiasts enjoy settling down with their favorite record from the past. Even in 2017, there are several best-selling record players available to choose from. Here is a list of the top ten record players for sale 2017.
10. The Turntable by Vibe Sound
This stylish turntable has built-in speakers and works great for playing and converting records. The sleek design aims to take up less space while providing top quality sound.
- This space saving turntable allows you to convert records to mp3s by plugging the device into your computer. You can connect speakers through USB outputs or use the built-in speakers.
- The built-in speakers have a very low volume.
9. The Suitcase Style Turntable with Built-in Speakers
This turquoise suitcase turntable is stylish and fun. The handle makes it easy to handle to any location you need. This turntable has three speeds and is designed to play all vinyl records and albums.
- This record player has built-in speakers and Bluetooth connection so you can wirelessly play music from any Bluetooth enabled device. This record player also has a 3.5mm aux-in to use devices that are not Bluetooth equipped.
- Some users have found problems with the headphone jacks. The speakers can be somewhat disappointing as well due to the low sound and quality.
8. The 3-Speed Belt Drive Turntable by ION Audio
The ION turntable is an all-in-one device with built-in stereo speakers, headphone output, and a USB connection to convert records via computer.
- This natural wood record player includes EZ vinyl, a tape converter software CD that allows you to connect the player to the computer and convert the records to digital files. This record player works with 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records.
- This record player does not play 180 gram records.
7. The 3-Speed Stereo Turntable by 1Byone
This 3-speed stereo turntable has built-in speakers and is designed to support vinyl records. This natural wood turntable works well to convert vinyl records into MP3s using the USB connection. USB playback with RCA output is another fantastic option this stylish player provides.
- This stereo has a front panel that conveniently displays playback controls. The clear top protects records from dust and damage, while the front-facing speakers provide a full-spectrum sound for listeners. This record player works at 33, 45, and 78 RPM speeds and a 45-RPM adaptor is included as well.
- Some users report this item can skip while playing.
6. The Classic Wood 6-in-1 Bluetooth Turntable
This beautiful mahogany entertainment center is a Victrola Nostalgic classic. The 6-in-1 turntable has a three-speed player that is sure to play all your favorite records.
- In addition to playing records, this player has a built-in CD player, a cassette player, and FM radio. A 3.5mm aux-in allows users to connect headphones to listen to music. Users can also use Bluetooth enabled devices to connect to the record player wirelessly.
- Some users have experienced their records lifting up during play, which results in some skipping.
5. The 3-Speed Stereo Turntable by Jensen
Jensen presents their wood and chrome 3-speed record player equipped with AM/FM stereo. This stylish piece contains a clear cover to protect records from dust.
- This speaker has 2 built-in speakers and external stereo output. Users also have the option to connect headphones as well.
- Some users report experiencing distorted sound quality.
4. The JTA-222 3-Speed Turntable
The JTA-222 is another quality turntable option by Jensen. This 3-speed turntable plays 33, 45, and 78 RPM records. This radio also has AM/FM stereo so you can listen to all your favorites with one convenient and stylish machine.
- This record player has an antique wood design with a dust cover to protect your records. There is a stylish display panel on the front with FM stereo indicator, a power indicator, and 2 built-in speakers. Users can use the turntable speakers or hook up external speakers or headphones to listen to their favorite tunes.
- Some listeners feel the built-in speakers have a very low sound quality.
3. The Portable 3-Speed Turntable by Crosley
The Cruiser Deluxe portable 3-speed turntable by Crosley comes with Bluetooth enabled for all your listening needs. This portable device comes in an array of colors sure to fit your style and personality.
- This portable turntable is belt driven to play 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records. The dynamic full range stereo speakers play exceptional sound quality music. This radio has an RCA and headphone jack output and a pitch control adjustment switch. The Bluetooth technology allows users to listen to music wirelessly.
- Some people report the music sounding pitchy.
2. The Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Turntable
Audio-Technica created the fully automatic belt-drive stereo turntable in black that is both sleek and stylish. This radio plays two speeds, 33 1/3 and 45 RPM with exceptional sound quality.
- This turntable is made with a die-cast aluminum platter and anti-resonance. This radio has a built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier. Users have the ability to listen via external speakers with the RCA output cables. This radio has a replaceable diamond stylus and an integral dual-magnet phono cartridge.
- The RCA plugs are built-in and the cables are extremely short.
1. The 3-Speed stereo turntable by Jensen in black
The JTA-230 model by Jensen is one of the best-selling record players on the market. This item is black with a full front display for adjusting volume, changing the pitch, and tone of the music.
- This 3-speed turntable allows users to play 33, 45, or 78 RPM records with great quality stereo speakers. This record player has a USB port that enables users to convert records into digital format using software included with the radio. This radio has an RCA line-out jack so users can listen to music via headphones or with the built-in speakers. There is also an auxiliary input jack so users can play music over the speakers using their MP3 players or iPods.
- Some users report hearing a cracking sound after using it a lot.
Each of these record players offers the convenience of listening to classic vinyl records in the comfort of your own home. Some of these record players are designed to hold true to the antique look we would expect from a record player while others are designed to be more modern. Whether you are looking for a portable or permanent option, this list of the top ten record players available in 2017 is sure to have the perfect record player for you.