Long ago, the only way a mechanic could tell what was wrong with your vehicle was to listen to the engine. This is no longer the case! Today’s vehicles have sophisticated software that needs onboard diagnostics to unravel. Onboard Diagnostics 2 (OBD-2 is a systematic system, which onboard computers in vehicles use for self-diagnosis and reporting. Using one of these scanners, you will be able to know what the problem is before taking your car for a fix.
12. Foxwell NT624 All System OBD-II Scanner
The Foxwell NT624 can diagnose and instantly display all errors in multiple systems and allow you to view and clear the errors with a single click. Both the software and device are of high standards and can easily be updated over the web. The scanner provides extensive vehicle coverage, with over 50 American, European, and Asian vehicle makes. It is compatible with SUVs, minivans, 16-PIN OBDI 2 cars, and light-duty trucks sold worldwide.
- Easy to use
- Ruggedly built and ergonomically designed for shop as well as road tests
11. Launch X431 Creader Vii Plus Code Reader
Creader V11 is a scan tool that is well built and comprehensive. It not only includes the full-function of OBD 2/EOBD, but also perform more functions of the four systems (airbag, engine, anti-lock braking system, and automatic transmission) of major car models such as a data stream graphic display, multi-languages, and read and reset code among others.
- Broad car coverage- compatible with all cars matching OBD 2 standards after 1996
- Has a wide diagnostic function
10. FOXWELL Nt301 Obd2 Code Scanner
The NT301 Code Scanner is the quickest and easiest solution for all your OBD faults. It provides such useful information for both entry-level pros as well as the savvy DIYer to be able to efficiently and quickly troubleshoot OBD2/EOBD issues on OBD 2 vehicles.
The NT301 Code Scanner is compatible with OBD2/ EOBD complaisant vehicles from 2000, SUVs, minivans, and light-duty trucks sold worldwide.
- Supports multiple code requests
- Reads, graphs, records, and playbacks live sensor data
9. OBD MATE OBDII Car Vehicle Code Reader Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool
Find out what is wrong with your car using this scanner. The OBD MATE is a compact, easy to read scan tool that produces real-time readings from many sensors, including voltages of oxygen sensors. What’s more, you won’t need any batteries as the device is powered via a detachable OBD2 cable.
- Small in size and comfortably fits in your palm
- Comes with an LCD screen that is large and easy-to-read
Other Topic: Top 10 Battery Load Testers 2019 Reviews
8. Launch CRP129 ENG/AT/ABS/SRS EPB SAS Oil Service Light resets Code Reader
The Launch CRP 129 provides a great data stream to allow you diagnose the most important systems in your car including ENG/AT/ABS/SRS/EPB/SAS/Oil Service Light (airbag, engine, automatic, Anti-lock braking system, and transmission ).
This scan tool has wide vehicle coverage, as it can be utilized with nearly 40 car manufacturer brands, including all popular models from Europe, America, Asia, and OBD 2 SYSTEM VEHICLES LIKE Chrysler, Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Hyundai, Subaru, Lexus, Ford, and much more.
- Easy to use
- Provides readings in different languages
7. Car WIFI OBD 2 OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool
The Car WIFI OBD 2 supports iOS devices ( iPad Air Mini 4, iPhone 6/6plus/ 5s/ 5c) and Android (Samsung S4/ S5/ Note 2/ Note 3, LG 2 Google Nexus) and Windows. The scan tool displays current sensor data; including coolant temperature, engine RPM, vehicle speed, calculated load value, fuel systems status, long term fuel trim, and short term fuel trim among other things. Compatible vehicle types include Chrysler, Mazda, Honda, Ford, Toyota VW, Nissan, and many more OBD 2 vehicles.
- Allows you to reset all fault codes
- You can connect to a phone or tablet and view real-time reading
6. ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth
The OBDLink is an inexpensive, easy-to-use, hacker proof Bluetooth OBD-2 adapter that will turn your Windows or Android smartphone, PC, tablet, or laptop into an advanced diagnostic scan tool. The tool is ergonomically designed and comes in frustration-free packing that allows easy installation.
- Has a battery saver technology
- Can easily connect to many 3rd party Apps
5. Innova 3100j Diagnostic Code Reader
The 3100j is an all-new entry-level scan tool designed to liberate any consumer or mechanic when it comes to car repair and maintenance. This scanner is compatible with all 1996 and recent OBD 2 vehicles, SUVs, minivans, light trucks, and hybrids.
- Freeze Frame shows the conditions of the engine such as engine coolant temperature, fuel trim, etc. when the malfunction indicator lamp is turned on
- Has a read and erase ABS and SRS
4. BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool
This professional diagnostic scan tool allows you to read and clear trouble codes immediately the check engine light is ignited. You will be able to view a vehicle-specific repair data that contains information such as possible causes, reported fixes, and code definition, which can be emailed in PDF format.
For a hassle-free experience, the BlueDrive Sensor, as well as the free BlueDriver App (available on Google Play and iTunes), are designed to work entirely as a single tool.
- Supports all OBD 2 protocols
- Connects quickly, allowing you to get results fast
3. Autel MaxiScan MS309 CAN OBD-II Diagnostic Code Scanner
The Autel MaxiScan MS309 code reader offers DIYers a quick and easy access to diagnostic codes as well as their definitions on all the 1996 and newer OBD 2 compliant vehicles found worldwide. Despite its small size, this scanner is powerful enough to give the same information as its large, expensive counterparts.
- Retrieves both generic and manufacturer-specific codes
- Has an easy-to-read backlit LCD screen
2. Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 EOBD Scanner
The Veepeak Mini is compatible with all the 1996 and newer OBD2/ EOBD compliant vehicles and light trucks within the United States. This scanner supports iPhones, iPads, and Android/Windows phones.
- Easy to use
- Provides real-time engine sensor data
1. BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool
The BAFX 34t5 is one of the best-selling OBD2 scanners. The tool comes with setup and troubleshooting guide to allow easy installation. Unlike other cheaper options that do not go well with the j1850, even though they say they do, the BAFX works very well with all the 1996 and newer vehicles in the US.
- Super easy setup
- Reads and clears both generic and manufacturer specific diagnostic trouble codes