Mountain bikes have evolved over the years to include advanced technologies such as high volume tires and suspension. This has provided them with greater traction and comfort even on rough off-road paths. Mountain biking has become a popular recreational activity in which people have fun and are excited to engage in. Also, it has become an avenue for many health benefits of regular fitness.
Regardless of its benefits, purchasing a mountain bike is not as easy as it used to be when all bikes came with more or less the same features. Today, mountain bikes come in different wheel sizes and shapes, which make it hard for many buyers to settle on one that is best for them. However, this article seeks to make it a little easy for you to find your next ride faster. This is what you should consider when buying one, especially men mountain bikes.
Consider your Riding Style: Mountain bikes are mostly designed to adapt to different riding styles and terrain. Thus, you need to narrow down your search to the style you will be riding often.
Consider Hard Tail or Full Suspension: Full suspension mountain bikes are designed to offer better comfort and control, whereas hard tails bikes minus rear suspension are more efficient and lighter. Therefore, it is a matter of choosing between efficiency and comfort.
Decide on your Price: It is vital to figure out the price range that you would be willing to pay for your new mountain bike. Settle for a price range that you can easily manage.
Now that you know what to consider when buying men’s mountain bikes, here is a list of 8 of the best men mountain bikes of 2017.
8. Mongoose Salvo Comp 27.5ʺ Wheel Frame Mountain Bicycle
Mongoose Salvo is a durable, lightweight mountain bike that is designed to take on a tough and rocky terrain. It features X-Fusion O2 RL shock with a rebound adjustment, 14G stainless steel spokes, alloy platform pedals, and a lockout to fine-tune your suspension on various terrains. Mongoose Salvo is one of the best men mountain bikes that Mongoose has ever designed.
- Lightweight and durable
- Quite expensive
7. Alton Corsa Mammoth 2.0 26ʺ wheel 27-Speed Alloy Frame Bike, Dark Army Green, 20ʺ/Large
The Mammoth is renovated and redesigned from the original 7-speed mammoth. It features 26ʺ tire with enhanced alloy frame and deep thick knobs with 4ʺ wide tires that support the ride on sand, snow, and rough terrain. Also, it characterizes a wide handlebar for more comfort and control and Promax disc brakes to ensure maximum brake efficiency. This is suitable for those who are passionate about fat tires.
- It is a high quality mountain bike that is great on both paved and rugged trails
- Good controls
- Not light weight
6. 29ʺ Iron Horse Men’s Sinister 6.2 Mountain Bike
With a dual suspension and a 29ʺ, the Iron Horse Men’s Sinister is an off-road ride. It enables riders to ride over anything that comes their way. It features disc brakes that give maximum stoppage response even in worse weather condition while the frames and rims are entirely aluminum. It provides the upgrade to prompts shifters to ensure fast and an accurate shifting. The sinister also offers a fully adjustable suspension both front and rear. Also, it is lightweight with just 38lbs.
- Has an affordable price tag
- Adjustable suspension
- Needs a little effort to adjust the front
- Seat tosses easily
5. Diamondback Bicycle Recoil Comp 29er Full Suspension Frame Mountain Bike
Diamondback Recoil Comp is a mountain bike that connects the power of optimum suspension for riders that anticipate putting hard tails behind them. This Recoil Comp features an aluminum frame that revolves around an optimized single pivot suspension design. It also features 29 by 2.2ʺ tires that are excellent for both smooth and rugged terrain. The bike also has hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm front and 160mm rear rotors that give adequately of stoppage power under any circumstances. Additionally, it has a wide range of gears that keeps you cracking the hills and a smooth ride downhill.
- Good in rugged rocks and roads
- Wide range of gears
- Great tires with great traction
- Suitable for riders who adore full-suspension bike
4. Columbia Everest Men’s Dual Suspension 21-speed Mountain Bike
The Everest Men’s Dual Suspension mountain bike is a 27.5ʺ lightweight that features alloy frames with both rear and front suspension. The dual suspension offers riders a smooth ride regardless of the roughness of the terrains. It also features Kenda tires, front disc brakes, and Shimano components that help the ride to tackle any terrain.
- Dual suspension
- Long-lasting alloy frame
- Its 20ʺ frame length is suitable for riders who are between 5`9ʺ and 6`2ʺ tall
3. 29ʺ Mongoose XR-PRO Men’s Mountain Bike
The XR-PRO mountain bike is designed and built from an aluminum frame that makes it lightweight. It features quality handlebars with a good grip perfect for beginners and intermediate riders. Additionally, it has front and rear suspension as well as disc brakes that make the bike’s control easy.
- Great shifting gears
- Affordable price tag
- Spring suspension
- Designed for 5`9ʺ and below
2. Raleigh Bikes Talus 2 Mountain Bike
The Talus Mountain bike offers good control capabilities and comfort. It features a double wall 27.5ʺ wheels with 2ʺ tires that offer great roll over rough terrain with confidence and efficiency. The Shimano EZ shifters provide 21 diverse gears to select from.
- Modest price tag
- Good quality
- Plastic pedals
- 85 percent assembled
1. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Hardtail Mountain Bike with 27.5ʺ Wheels
The Overdrive Diamondback is an aluminum hardtail that features 27.5ʺ wheels, 24 speeds, Suntour suspension fork, and powerful disc brakes. Besides, the knobby tires offer traction on both smooth and rough terrain. The disc brakes are reliable in stopping and instilling confidence in handling any terrain. Moreover, the wide range of gears allows you to crank the hills and have a smooth ride down the hill.
- High speed
- Perfect brakes
- 2.4 width tires for greater traction
- 85 percent assembled
Choosing a mountain bike that is compatible with your preferred riding style will make a significant difference to your performance and comfort. From the list above, we are confident that you will find the best men mountain bike for you.
- 8. Mongoose Salvo Comp 27.5ʺ Wheel Frame Mountain Bicycle
- 7. Alton Corsa Mammoth 2.0 26ʺ wheel 27-Speed Alloy Frame Bike, Dark Army Green, 20ʺ/Large
- 6. 29ʺ Iron Horse Men’s Sinister 6.2 Mountain Bike
- 5. Diamondback Bicycle Recoil Comp 29er Full Suspension Frame Mountain Bike
- 4. Columbia Everest Men’s Dual Suspension 21-speed Mountain Bike
- 3. 29ʺ Mongoose XR-PRO Men’s Mountain Bike
- 2. Raleigh Bikes Talus 2 Mountain Bike
- 1. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Hardtail Mountain Bike with 27.5ʺ Wheels
- Related Posts: