Electric razors may not be as simple as their manual counterparts, but for the busy man who struggles to even find the time to grab his coffee on the way out, they are invaluable. Shaving with a manual razor takes prep and cleanup, both of which take time, so choosing the right electric razor can mean the difference between starting your day with order or chaos.
But which one should you choose? There are several different brands on the market today, so finding the best electric razors for men can be difficult. When making your selection, try to focus on a few key details, starting with mobility: how difficult is the razor just hold in your hand and move around your face? Also, consider how easy it is to clean; a dirty razor will leave your skin irritated and bumpy. Will you be using it in the shower? If so, consider a wet/dry model. Lastly, think about the price. The higher the price, the more other features come standard that can save you time.
Still wondering where to find the best electric razors for men? Read below to see our list:
- 10. Braun Series 3 Shave & Style 3010BT 3-in-1 Electric Wet & Dry Shaver
- 9. Braun Series 5 5090/5190cc Electric Foil Shaver for Men
- 8. Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 (Model AT830/46)
- 7. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 2100
- 6. Panasonic ES-LAS63-S Arc 4 Men’s Electric Razor
- 5. Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor for Men
- 4. Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver
- 3. Philips Norelco 6100
- 2. Braun Series 7 790c
- 1. Remington PG6025
10. Braun Series 3 Shave & Style 3010BT 3-in-1 Electric Wet & Dry Shaver
The Braun Series 3 has a 3-in-1 tool to help you shave, trim, and edge even the most difficult spots, and comes with five different combs to help you maintain a masculine “3-day beard” look. The exchangeable trimmer head helps to shape your beard the way you want it, and is also pressure sensitive and packed with a metal mesh to guard your skin. The shaving head is fixed in place, however, so if you’re looking for one that can pivot in your hand, the Braun Series 3 is not a good fit.
- Completely waterproof
- Thin precision head makes it easy to reach difficult areas
- Five different combs allow you to choose preferred beard style
- Price is high for number of options
- Switching out combs can be time-consuming
9. Braun Series 5 5090/5190cc Electric Foil Shaver for Men
If style matters (for the shaver, not your face), this shaver gives you the option of either red or blue. But it’s more than just fancy coloring: the Braun Series 5 5090 has FlexMotionTex that reduces skin pressure to minimize irritation. It also has a full service system that charges, lubricates and cleans your razor with a single button. With more power than competing razors, and lift system that raises hairs to cut easier, the Braun Series 5 5090/5190c packs quite a punch.
- Head pivots up to 40 degrees
- Each cutting element on head is independent, creating a very responsive shave
- 45 minutes of shaving on a full charge
- Comes with clean & charge station
- On/off button is easy to accidentally press
- Trimmer is hidden, making precision cuts difficult to see
- Noisy operation
8. Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 (Model AT830/46)
As opposed to the straight head trimmers, the Philips Norelco offers the more traditional three head placement that allows for a closer and continuous shave. It also has a pop-up technology that lifts the hairs off the face, and has a pop-up trimmer to help with mustaches, sideburns and beards. The battery leaves a lot to be desired, however, as it takes eight hours to full charge, and only delivers a 50 minute shave. You can use it in the shower, but it doesn’t have a self-cleaning system, so prepare to do some maintenance yourself.
- Simple and reliable operation
- Pivoting heads help with speed and comfort
- Pop-up Trimmer is convenient for hard-to-reach areas
- Awful charge time
- No self-cleaning station
- Premium price for sub-premium features
7. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 2100
This entry level foil shaver gives you the convenience of a smaller razer, without compromising the quality that you would expect in a premium model. Four-direction flex heads easily adapt to the curve of your face, and the lithium-ion battery is powerful enough even when not fully charged. Unfortunately, there is no cleaning station included, but a simple press of a button flips the head up for an easy rinse. It is a 100% waterproof, but at only 35 minutes of shave time, plan on charging it often.
- Great price for highly-rated shaver
- Quiet and easy operation
- 100% waterproof
- Easy to clean
- No adjustability that you get from combs
- Can cause some minimal irritation
- Cannot operate while plugged in to charge
6. Panasonic ES-LAS63-S Arc 4 Men’s Electric Razor
The more ergonomically-inclined Panasonic ES-LAS63-S is perfect for those who need a quick and powerful shave. Boasting an impressive 14,000 cuts per minute – or 56,000 across all four blades – and a second motor that vibrates the shaver head up and down, this beast will tackle even the toughest beards. The ES-LAS63-S doesn’t sacrifice features either: a pop-up trimmer, LED display (to check battery levels) and pivoting heads offer a clean and precise shave every time.
- Wet/Dry model; 100% waterproof
- Powerful motor
- Charges fully in one hour
- Larger head covers more surface area quickly
- Heavier model; not ideal for travel
- Loud operation
- Doesn’t always cut longer hair
5. Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor for Men
If you plan on taking your razor on the road, the Panasonic Arc 4 should definitely be considered. Packing 13,000 cuts per minute into a compact and ergonomic punch, the Panasonic ES8243A delivers a quick and powerful shave, whether dry or in the shower. It also boasts a pop-up trimmer and “sonic vibration mode,” designed to raise the hairs to peak cutting level.
- Close shave
- Cheap replacement blades
- Easy to Clean
- Power button is in inconvenient spot
- Durability is lacking
- Takes longer to shave
4. Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver
Quick charging time, long battery life, and the convenience of cordless or corded use make the Remington F5-5800 a strong contender on this list. Stand pivot and flex operation, but also adds an “intercept” line in between foils to cut longer hairs before reaching the heads, making for a closer and cleaner shave. Skin irritation is minimal, and at an affordable price too.
- Flexible shaving head
- Easy to clean
- Great price
- Not a particularly close shave
- Battery is not optimal
- Inconvenient power button location
3. Philips Norelco 6100
Philips has been in the shaving game a long time, and it shows with the Norelco 1150x. All the features you need, and none you don’t, this razor has a battery life of 40 minutes after a lightning-quick one hour charge time. Precision technology gets you a close shave every time, and comes with charging stand, precision trimmer, and a few other necessities. Dual-precision heads cut both long and short hairs.
- Quick charge
- Wet/dry operation
- Affordable price
- Durability is lacking
- Not particularly powerful
- Can pull hair
2. Braun Series 7 790c
It’s like a personal barber for your face! The Braun series 7 cuts to within .05 millimeter of your skin, and offers five different cutting modes that you can tailor to your preference. Charges in one hour, one-touch cleaning system, and 100% waterproof operation makes this shaver feel like new every morning.
- Great maneuverability
- Quiet and quick
- Quality construction
- Lacking customer support
- Replacement heads hard to find
- High price
1. Remington PG6025
The clear winner on this list is also the most affordable. But don’t let the low price fool you: this trimmer has all the features of the more expensive brands without skimping on quality. It comes with lithium powered battery, providing up to 50 minutes of run-time, self-sharpening blades, eight attachments to cut different lengths, and easy to clean service. This razor is perfect for travel, or simple everyday use.
- Affordable price
- Easy to clean and operate
- Close shave
- Not very durable
- Very few automatic parts
- Not waterproof