Looking to expand your home gym? One of the best additions you can make is by including an adjustable weight lifting bench. Even if you don’t necessarily have barbells to work with on the bench, there are plenty of other workouts to try. Feel free to check out below where we go over what to look for in an adjustable weight lifting bench, as well as 9 of our favorite benches to try at home today!
What To Look For When Choosing An Adjustable Weight Lifting Bench
- What To Look For When Choosing An Adjustable Weight Lifting Bench
- 9. Gotobuy Weight Lifting Bench
- 8. TFMUSA Weight Lifting Bench
- 7. Goplus Adjustable Weight Lifting Bench
- 6. Goplus Adjustable Folding Weight Lifting Bench Incline
- 5. Soozier Ten-Position Adjustable Home Fitness Bench
- 4. XMark Flat Incline Decline Weight Bench
- 3. Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable Weight-Lifting Bench
- 2. Marcy Diamond Olympic Bench
- 1. Weider Pro 255 L Slant Board/Ab Bench
- Related Posts:
These are a few things you should keep in mind when picking out your adjustable weight lifting bench:
Angles: Some benches can be positioned at a number of different angles and some are less capable. Think about what kind of exercises you will be doing in order to figure out how many angles you need.
Decline: Some benches are also able to be set in a declined position. This feature will also be dependant on what exercises you choose to do.
Portability: If you do not have a lot of space to keep your bench or need to move it at the end of your workouts, you should consider this. Some weight lifting benches can be folded and stored away easily. Other have wheels which make them easy to move.
Weight Capacity: All lifting benches will have a weight capacity. If you are a beginner, you do not need a bench with a high capacity. Serious lifters will need a bench that can handle their workout.
Your Height: If you are on the taller side, you may have to look a little harder for a bench that you can lay comfortably on. You need to lay flat and have your knees flat as well.
9. Gotobuy Weight Lifting Bench
The Gotobuy weight lifting bench is a great workout tool for your home gym. Built with extremely durable steel tubing, the bench can handle nearly any weight with ease. In addition, the bench can shift into 3 alternate positions. Talking about comfort, the bench sports comfy faux leather seats to relieve any back pain or stress while lifting.
- Durable steel frame
- 3 adjustable positions
- Comfortable faux leather seat
- Instructions not included
8. TFMUSA Weight Lifting Bench
This weight lifting bench by TFMUSA is a great addition to your home gym, especially if you don’t have a whole lot of room to work with. The bench itself is extremely sturdy, reinforced with thick and durable steel framing. Comfortability wise, the bench sports high-density foam cushions to alleviate any pressure or stress on your body while lifting. Setting up the bench, simply snap the legs out and you’re good to go.
- Thick, steel frame build
- Comfortable foam cushions
- Easy to setup
- Bench can wobble at times
- Top 15 Best Weight Lifting Gloves for Men 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Weight Lifting Gloves for Women 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Weight Lifting Wrist Straps 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Weight Lifting Belts for Men 2018 Reviews
7. Goplus Adjustable Weight Lifting Bench
The Goplus adjustable weight lifting bench actually comes as a system and makes the perfect choice for those managing commercial gyms, or have large at home gyms that they want to improve. The bench can support up to 440 pounds and has a durable steel frame build. In addition to its comfy padding support, your body will nearly never feel aches or pains from pressing against harder framed benches.
- Great for a commercial gym
- Entire weight lifting system
- Comfortable seat padding
- Does not come with instructions
6. Goplus Adjustable Folding Weight Lifting Bench Incline
This Goplus adjustable weight lifting bench is made of a durable steel frame build with comfortable padding to support up to 440 pounds of weight. In addition to the bench, it also sports a weight bar stand that can keep your weights in place when not in use. Plus, setting up the bench is extremely easy, just snap the legs out and attach the weight stand against the back.
- Easy to setup
- Comfortable padding
- Can support up to 440 pounds
- Padding can come loose over time
5. Soozier Ten-Position Adjustable Home Fitness Bench
The Soozier adjustable weight lifting bench can shift into a total of 10 different positions to offer ultimate comfort and flexibility when lifting at home. The bench comes in a sporty red and black color, with comfortable back and foot padding for ease of stress or sprains. Also, the bench comes with wheels and floor protectors to prevent any wear and tear where you place it and offering an easier way to relocate it for those who need to shift locations frequently.
- Can shift into 6 different positions plus 4 different seat positions
- Comfortable back and foot padding
- Built in wheels make it easy to move
- Poorly written instructions
4. XMark Flat Incline Decline Weight Bench
This is a heavy duty piece of equipment perfect for anyone who is serious about weight lifting. This bench has an ultra high weight capacity of 1,500 pounds. Both the seat pad and the back pad are adjustable in three and seven positions respectively. This allows for training is every position from full decline to military press. The XMark bench is built to last and is extremely durable. It also has wheels which make moving and storing the bench very easy.
- High weight capacity
- Very adjustable seat
- Gap between back pad and seat pad
3. Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable Weight-Lifting Bench
If you are a serious heavy lifter, this is the weight lifting bench for you. The Ironmaster bench can support up to 1,000 pounds. The bench can also be adjusted into eleven different positions including upright, flat, and decline. It is incredibly durable and sturdy due to its steel frame. You can also purchase separate attachments for your Ironmaster bench to increase its usability.
- High weight capacity
- Good for taller people
- Too high off the ground
2. Marcy Diamond Olympic Bench
The Marcy Diamond Olympic Bench is an all-in-one exercise machine. This bench features a squat rack, adjustable weight bar, arm curl pad, total leg developer, and a five position bench. It is made out of durable steel and comfortable foam and vinyl. The seat and backrest are padded for comfort. It can support a combined weight of up to 600 pounds.
- Padded for comfort
- Provides a total body workout
- Flat positioning of the bench is not entirely flat
1. Weider Pro 255 L Slant Board/Ab Bench
The best adjustable weight lifting bench of the year is the Weider Pro 255 L Slant Board/Ab Bench. This bench provides its user’s comfort, stability, and durability. This bench can be adjusted at set levels from 90 degrees to 180. It also features a 4-roll leg lockdown feature to give you a more secure workout. The bench can hold a maximum total weight of 400 pounds.
- Stable when exercising
- Easy to adjust
- No flat bench setting
No matter what you are specifically looking for, there are plenty of options to choose from when trying to find the best adjustable weight lifting bench. These benches have features suited for every skill level, exercise technique, space restraints, and personal preferences. When looking, be sure to choose the right bench for your workout needs. Happy lifting!