If you feel like your ab routine is lacking in something or isn’t getting you the results you want, consider using ab workout wheel rollers. The ab roller provides a challenging workout even for people with a well-developed core. It works a number of different muscles in the core, including the rectus abdominus and the transverse abdominus. It also strengthens your hips, back and triceps.
When searching for an ab roller, one thing to look for is whether it has a comfortable grip. If it hurts your hands, you might be discouraged from using it. Another important consideration is whether the ab roller wobbles. You want a stable piece of equipment that won’t give way underneath your wrists and potentially cause an injury. You may also want to consider what the ab wheel looks like; for some people, aesthetics are motivating. Some ab wheels come in multiple colors and some do not. Finally, you want an ab wheel that is durable and will not fall apart after several months of use. Below is a list of some of the best ab rollers on the market today.
10. Maximiza Ab Roller Wheel from Garren Fitness
- 10. Maximiza Ab Roller Wheel from Garren Fitness
- 9. Da Vinci Dual Wheel Ab Roller
- 8. Abdominal Exercise Ab Wheel Roller with Foam Handles from Gymenist
- 7. AB Wheel Roller from POWER GUIDANCE
- 6. Readaeer Ab Roller Wheel
- 5. AB WOW 3000 Abdominal Workout Wheel Roller from Youactive Sports
- 4. ProSource Dual Ab Wheel Roller
- 3. BIO Core Ab Roller from Epitomie Fitness
- 2. URBNFit Ab Roller
- 1. Speed Abs Complete Ab Workout System from Ontel
- Related Posts:
This ab roller has two wheels to help with stability, a great feature to help you retain balance if you are new to ab rolling. With its foam handles and convenient knee pad, it is designed to maximize comfort while still giving you a killer ab workout.
- Small and portable
- Easy to put together
- Includes a knee pad for comfort
- Includes a comfortable foam grip
- The foam on the handles may tear easily. This is perhaps not the most durable ab wheel on our list.
9. Da Vinci Dual Wheel Ab Roller
Like the Garren Fitness model, this ab roller has two wheels to help with stability. The wheels are also cleated, which means you can use the Da Vinci ab roller on a hard floor without worrying about slipping.
- It is not slippery.
- It has two wheels for stability.
- Grip is not as comfortable as the previous model
- Some customers report problems with the wheels not locking correctly
8. Abdominal Exercise Ab Wheel Roller with Foam Handles from Gymenist
The ab wheel from Gymenist comes in six vibrant colors: blue, pink, white, yellow, purple, and red. Like the last two ab rollers, this one has two wheels for stability, but these wheels are a bit slimmer. The grips are covered in thick foam for maximum comfort. This is one of the least expensive options on our list, so it is an excellent choice for anyone trying to get fit on a budget.
- Very comfortable grips
- Colorfully motivating
- Low price
- May be unstable or wobbly despite the dual wheel design
7. AB Wheel Roller from POWER GUIDANCE
Composed of a sturdy combination of steel, plastic and rubber, the POWER GUIDANCE ab roller is the first on our list to have only one wheel. However, the wheel is thick and may actually be more steady under your weight than the AB workout wheel rollers with a dual wheel configuration.
- Has comfortable foam grips and a knee pad
- Features a cleated rubber wheel to prevent slipping
- The knee pad is a bit small.
6. Readaeer Ab Roller Wheel
The shiny, jet black model from Readaeer boasts a great low price, but as the old adage suggests, you get what you pay for. If you are on a budget, it will do. After all, it still functions; an ab wheel doesn’t have to be fancy or complicated. This wheel does have some redeeming features, such as good foam handles and knee pads.
- Has a comfortable foam grip
- Includes knee pads
- Many users complain that the wheels are not very sturdy.
5. AB WOW 3000 Abdominal Workout Wheel Roller from Youactive Sports
This ab roller is admittedly pricier than others, but for good reason. It comes with several bonus features that make it worth the extra dollars. For example, it has resistance bands that you can wrap around your feet to target more muscle groups during each rep. The two wheels have a PVC coating that allow the ab roller to be silent as it glides across the floor. It also comes with a knee pad and its very own travel case.
- Comes with extra equipment, including a resistance band for an extra tough workout
- Arrives already assembled and does not fall apart easily
- The resistance band breaks easily and may only survive a few uses.
4. ProSource Dual Ab Wheel Roller
Unlike the last model on our list, the ProSource ab roller features a simple, minimalist design. Available in three colors, this budget-friendly fitness tool has two thin wheels and plastic handles with finger grips. Keep in mind that the handles are small, so if you have large hands this may not be the right ab roller for you.
- Will not put a dent in your bank account
- Comes in a variety of different colors
- The grips are not very soft and might be uncomfortable for some people.
- The handles may not be large enough for some users.
3. BIO Core Ab Roller from Epitomie Fitness
This bright and colorful ab roller has a special feature that the company claims is unique: rubber wheels. Rubber is a great material for rolling on any type of floor. Incredibly stable, the BIO Core can support 450 pounds of weight. This ab roller model comes in blue, red or green and features superbly comfy foam handles.
- Extremely sturdy
- Can be used on any type of floor
- Comes in several colors
- On the pricy side
- Heavy and therefore not very portable
- Hard to put together
2. URBNFit Ab Roller
The URBNFit model is minimalist in design and inexpensive. It only comes in one color, black, but that is okay if you are just looking for functionality. The handles on this model are not swaddled in foam, but they are padded, creating a reasonably comfortable grip. Like most of the ab rollers on this list, the URBNFit has a dual wheel design.
- Moderately comfortable padded handles
- Cleated wheels to prevent slipping on hard surfaces
- Low price
- Many reviewers say that it is difficult to assemble
- It may fall apart during use
1. Speed Abs Complete Ab Workout System from Ontel
Last but not least, we have the Speed Abs ab roller from Ontel. This ab roller does not have a dual wheel design but instead features one gigantic wheel in the middle. Another unconventional feature is the fact that its grips are made of rubber rather than foam, but they are nonetheless comfortable. Rubber may actually be a better material for ab wheel handles because it does not tear as easily as foam does, yet it is just as effective at preventing sweaty hands from slipping off. A unique feature of the Ontel ab roller is the steel spring on the inside. The spring creates additional resistance and therefore increases the effectiveness of the workout.
- Comfortable rubber grips that prevent hands from slipping
- Large wheel to provide stability
- Has added resistance thanks to its unique internal coil
- The internal coil reportedly breaks easily.