A truck bed cover is an indispensable accessory for a truck owner. Using a truck bed cover increases your truck’s mileage, enhances the aesthetics of your truck and keeps the goods in the truck bed safe; all this without costing you much. Truck bed covers, also known as Tonneau covers, come in different styles, materials, and sizes. The main types include soft roll up, motorized retractable, hinged, folding, tilt and hard top covers.
Given the high number of truck cover brands, it may be challenging for a truck owner to choose the right one. When choosing a cover, the main factor to consider is your need; why do you need a truck bed cover. This will help you choose a cover based on its material (durability, flexibility, and resistance to weather), ease of access to the truck, added features such as rails for ease of installation, price and size.
10. North Mountain Soft Vinyl Roll-up Tonneau Cover
- 10. North Mountain Soft Vinyl Roll-up Tonneau Cover
- 9. R&L Lock and Roll-Up Soft Cover
- 8. Rugged Linear Premium Bed Cover
- 7. R&L Heavy Duty Roll-Up Cover
- 6. Gator Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
- 5. Lund Genesis Roll-Up Cover
- 4. Tonno Pro Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
- 3. Premium Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
- 2. BakFlip G2 Truck Bed Cover
- 1. Tyger Auto Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
- Related Posts:
Combining a flat surfaced design with cross bars, this bed cover serves more than one function. Its design lets it roll to the front end of your truck. This gives the user full access to the truck bed. Installing the cover takes 20 minutes or less. It is made of a 22oz dual soaked heavy duty vinyl, PVC on both sides with a high tear resistant material which stays strong even when weather conditions are harsh. It is created UV and cold resistant with the strongest nylon thread. It is offered with an aluminum frame and Velcro hook and loop which are lightweight and durable.
- Easy to install
- Weather-resistant with water runoff top
- Aluminum rails makes it durable and lightweight
- Inbuilt cross bars allows for easy access to the truck bed for cargo hauling
- Doesn’t fit a truck with already installed bed rails
9. R&L Lock and Roll-Up Soft Cover
This bed cover is made of high-quality fabric and coated with vinyl on both sides making it weather-resistant. It is aerodynamically designed to competitively lower the drag and increase your mileage by a far much greater value than other tonneau covers. It comes as a clean seal closed system with aluminum rails and bows that easily roll-up for bed protection as well as concealment. The R&L Roll-Up tonneau cover aluminum rails ease installation. It easily clamps on the truck in no time.
- Good value for money
- Made from aluminum and heavy-duty fabric with vinyl for durability
- Wind, snow and water resistant
- Doesn’t seal well as there’s nothing to hold the cover down on the sides while driving
8. Rugged Linear Premium Bed Cover
Rugged Linear Premium truck bed cover easily integrates with your secured tailgate to provide extra security. It features a hard cover which is folded with aluminum panels both at the top and at the bottom. Unlike the R&L racing cover, its rigid hard panels have buckles to tie it down at the front and the back. Two LED lights for the bed accompany it. Furthermore, its weather resistant seals make it a good choice for a bed cover.
- Its aerodynamic increases your mileage by a great deal
- Two LED lights with the package for extra safety
- Buckles to safely install cover
- Relatively pricier for its quality
- Fits only trucks with short beds, 5.5 feet
7. R&L Heavy Duty Roll-Up Cover
This bed is created for Ford Ranger, Mazda B-series and other trucks with a bed 6 feet short. The vinyl cover protects the items in a truck’s bed while giving it a great aerodynamic look. It is offered with an easy seal and quick closure design coupled with aluminum rails which make it lightweight and easy to install. It is a roll-up cover and as such offers quick access to the truck bed.
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- The thick cover and rails makes it more durable
- The installation instructions are unclear
- Velcro sides are susceptible to wear and stop sticking over time
6. Gator Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Highly affordable, this bed cover comes with soft folds and easy to install design. With a subtle textured finish and vinyl tarps, it is among the top durable bed covers on the market. Its aluminum rails hold the tarps firmly in position making it a suitable fit for a 5.5-foot bed. It has a tailgate seal, fastening buckles, quick latches and support bows. Pre-assembled and loaded into a box.
- Water, weather, cold and UV rays resistant
- Seals well for max bed security
- Easy clamp on installation
- Does not increase gas mileage as other covers do
5. Lund Genesis Roll-Up Cover
Coming pre-assembled in a box with all mounting hardware, Lund Genesis Roll-Up is another bed cover with a sleek design and rich premium color for your truck. It provides a low-cover profile tool with aluminum bows and rails. It also is accompanied by patented latches and an automatic system for tensioning which are beautifully combined with Velcro straps for tightening. It fits perfectly onto a 78” truck bed. The design is luxurious and basically maintenance free, but in the case of a problem, it has a lifetime warranty.
- Easily clamps on with no drilling necessary
- Has a system for regulating tension automatically
- Amazing features at a relatively lower price
- Unclear install instructions
- Small gap between the back-end lip where it meets the tailgate
4. Tonno Pro Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
Tonno Pro comes with resistant vinyl on both sides to increase durability and ensure weather resistance. The aluminum tarps make it light and durable. Mounted on the inside of the truck’s bed rails, this cover has a low-profile, and it gives you more room to include other accessories like bikes, side mounts, ladders, etc. It is weather-proof and fits tightly on your truck thereby providing excellent security.
- Free LED flashlight, vinyl cleaners, and gloves
- Made from the highest grade of teralyne plastic for durability
- It has a little fitting issue
- Unclear instructions; people are unsure where to put the seals.
3. Premium Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
With a highly graded vinyl surface and finish, this bed cover comes with US patented clamps for easy installation. It has aluminum tarps for strength and durability and comes already assembled in a box for easy clamp on. The installation of this bed cover, however, works only if the rails of the bed are removed. It is made to work with under-bed rails which do not require the truck owner to drill holes to fasten clamps to the liner. It is weather resistant, warranted and comes with a LED light, a seal and necessary mounting tools.
- Luxurious finish
- Great performance/price ratio
- It doesn’t have rounded corners, and this limits the number of trucks it is installed on
2. BakFlip G2 Truck Bed Cover
This bed cover is made of three panels that flip in the same direction. The panels, which automatically latch on the side of the vehicle with ABS laminate panels and are UV-proof. It is accompanied with integrated drains and hinges and seals which are corrosion proof. It is easily clamped on and is extremely light with knobs for tightening and room for side rails, tie downs, overhead rails among others. With its black powdered coat finish, it not only conceals the rear window of your truck perfectly but also gives your truck a good look.
- Has insulated panels to keep the bed cool
- Easy to install
- Luxurious finish gives the bed cover a great appearance
- The installation instructions are unclear to some
- It is expensive as compared to other good bed covers
1. Tyger Auto Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Offered with US patented clamps, mounting it on your truck is easy. Its black vinyl makes it resistant to weather elements and has a streamlined body for drag reduction. This increases your mileage by far. However, this particular cover is designed for short beds of 5.8 feet only. It comes with a complete tool set and instruction manual.
- Highly durable
- Streamlined body to increase mileage
- Offered with complete tool set for installation
- Flaps make noise when one is driving
- Requires removal of bed rails before it is installed
The trick to getting the right truck bed cover is knowing your truck well and your needs. The right bed cover should meet all your needs and should not break your bank. Different types of covers offer different features to enhance usability. Ensure that you can easily install the cover, and you can access the truck bed with ease.