Testing your car battery regularly is crucial to having a reliable vehicle. By testing it frequently, you can make sure that there are no signs of weakness or corrosion ensuring the battery will not fail in the near future.
Top Best Sellers in Battery Load Testers
- Top Best Sellers in Battery Load Testers
- 10. DY2015C Automotive Battery Tester
- 9. ATD Tools 5489 Battery Tester
- 8. Quicklynks BA101 Battery Tester
- 7. Digital 12V Car Battery Tester Automotive Battery Load Tester
- 6. OTC 3182 Battery Load Tester
- 5. MOTOPOWER MP0514A Battery Tester
- 4. FOXWELL 12V 100-1100 CCA Battery Load Tester
- 3. SOLAR BA7 100-1200 CCA Electronic Battery and System Tester
- 2. Cartman 12V Car Battery & Alternator Tester
- 1. Schumacher BT-100 Battery Load Tester
- What to Look for When Choosing Battery Load Tester
10. DY2015C Automotive Battery Tester
The well-designed and efficient DY2015C is used by pros on both 12-volt and 24-volt lead-acid storage batteries. Its design makes it easy to operate and read with a large LCD display. It also features a printer that makes the tester’s operation more visible and convenient.
Using a 4-wire Kelvin test connection, the DY2015C provides accurate circuit and strong digital processing. It also fortifies input protection inside the unit to stop incidences of polar reversal connection, poor test clamp contact, and over-high voltage input making testing safer and more convenient. This is a great option for vehicle repair, condition checks on lead-acid batteries, and battery sales.
- Works as well as more expensive models
- Fast and accurate
- Great printing feature
9. ATD Tools 5489 Battery Tester
The ATD Tools 5489 tests batteries to 1000 CCA and includes a separate ammeter to allow precise loading of the battery. Ideal for 12-volt batteries, starters, and alternators, the ATD Tools 5489 has color-coded pass/fail bands that are temperature compensated on the voltmeter to give you precise assessments.
- Great for car truck and marine 12V batteries
- Accurate and easy to read
- Sturdy with a solid metal case
- Adjustment knob is small and hard to turn to high current
- Instructions aren’t very good
- Has an annoying horn that indicates when it is ready
8. Quicklynks BA101 Battery Tester
The Quicklynks BA101 Battery Load Tester is a great option for 12-volt batteries and is a great addition for maintenance and repair shops. This tester allows you to detect a bad battery directly, so you don’t have to take the battery out the car. You can also print the testing data with a computer using a USB cable.
The BA101 is also a multi-testing unit including a cranking test, charging test, and battery test. It also protects itself with a polarity reverse connection safeguard stopping a reverse connection from damaging the tester or affecting the battery and the vehicle. It also comes equipped with three feet of long cable made of thick flexible insulator making it safer than other battery analyzers.
- Easy to use, very handy
- Good value for the money
- Easy menu interface
- Has more features than you need
- Will tell you to replace the batteries when you don’t need to
7. Digital 12V Car Battery Tester Automotive Battery Load Tester
If you are looking for a smart and reliable battery tester, the AE300 battery tester was created to test 12-volt batteries and can quickly and reliably analyze and test your battery using Voltage, CCA Value, battery life, and inner resistance. With numerical results, you can check your battery’s condition to escape any surprise battery shutdowns. It is also compatible with a variety of batteries including GEL Cell, Marine Deep Cycle batteries, AGM, and Flood.
With its safety features, the AE300 provides continuous testing of battery power making it a safe option for your battery. It also features reverse polarity and over voltage protection that makes it safer for both the equipment and the operator. Plus, it can fit in your pocket making it handy as well as useful.
- Very useful, good investment
- Good quality for the price
- Good display
- Instructions are not clear
- Clips don’t stay in the terminals
- Has loud annoying beep when done testing
6. OTC 3182 Battery Load Tester
The OTC 3182 Battery Load Tester gives you precise results in a lightweight and compact design. This durable and rugged tester is great for everyday testing of both six and twelve-volt batteries. Featuring a large and easy-to-read display, the OTC 3182 also includes an alternator test lead, a side-clampere mount, a ripple detection light, a comfortable easy-to-grip ergonomic handle, an alternator ripple test, and a starter and charging system test.
- Clear, fast reading on the digital display
- Highly accurate, easy to use
- Inexpensive and time-saving
- Gets very hot after a few uses
- Unlike an analog tester, you need to make your own calculations
- Cables are too short
5. MOTOPOWER MP0514A Battery Tester
When you need a quick reading, the MOTOPOWER MP0514A Battery Tester features an LCD display with LED Indicator that gives you fast and accurate readings. It features a DC testing range for all types of 12-volt batteries and also offers safety protection for short circuiting, reverse polarity, and overload. The LED Indicators include colored lights that indicate the status of the battery, and the easy to read four-character digital display is lighted. The battery also includes 39 amp alligator clamps that have rubber paint housing.
- Inexpensive and basic
- Works good, does the job
- Does everything you want it to
- Not very heavy duty
- Positive and negative leads are short
- Takes a while to get a reading
4. FOXWELL 12V 100-1100 CCA Battery Load Tester
Developed to test 12-volt batteries, the BT100 Battery Analyzer works on AGM flat plate, flooded, and AGM spiral. This is a simple and inexpensive tester that gives you a quick response on your battery’s health in just three seconds. It has a wide testing range from 100 to 1100 cold cranking amps and can test multiple rating systems.
The Foxwell also can detect a bad cell and can precisely test both charged and discharged batteries. It also has a variety of safety features that include over-voltage protection and reverse polarity. This pocket-sized tester is easy to use and convenient for any vehicle with a 12-volt battery.
- Good quality, nice alligator clips
- Gives basic info, good device for the price
- Gives you accurate, consistent results
- Can get stuck in the Spanish mode
- Not easy to connect to the printer
3. SOLAR BA7 100-1200 CCA Electronic Battery and System Tester
The Solar BA7 Battery tester works on batteries that range from seven to fifteen volts that are rated between 100-1200 CCA. It is convenient with a fast assessment that gives you both a pass/fail LED result as well as a numerical answer. The Solar BA7 also works with a wide variety of battery types that include AGM, maintenance-free, gel cell, conventional, and marine cranking deep cycle batteries.
- Fast and simple to use
- You don’t have to remove the battery to test it
- Battery doesn’t have to be fully charged to test
- Only a volt meter
- Hard to see display in bright light
- Alligator clamps need more spring
2. Cartman 12V Car Battery & Alternator Tester
The Cartman Battery Tester works on 12-volt batteries and uses an LED display to indicate the battery’s condition. This is a sturdy and easy to use tester that can test a battery whether it is fully charged or not. The Cartman is a durable product that has an easy to read display.
- Does what you need it to do, very accurate
- Easy to read, very handy
- You get a reading from touching the clamps to the battery
- Alligator clamps are too short
- Some users prefer number readings instead of color readings
1. Schumacher BT-100 Battery Load Tester
If you need a battery tester for everyday use, the Schumacher BT-100 Battery Load Tester works on both six and twelve-volt batteries. It offers a complete charging system diagnostic as well as tests the battery condition, load, and starter motor draw. With its shock-resistant meter that is encased in sturdy steel, this durable tester can be used anywhere. It also features a strong baked enamel finish, a rubber insulated carry handle, a top-mounted rocker switch, and super-grip battery clamps.
- Works as it should, accurate
- Good quality for the price
- Simple to use and to understand
- Cables are too stiff
- Can get hot after too many uses
- Larger than you expect
What to Look for When Choosing Battery Load Tester
When choosing a battery load tester, look for one that works with several types of batteries. It should also test the entire battery including checking the temperature, the load, and the cold cranking amps and volts. Your tester should also be durable and cost effective, so make sure you do your research and invest in a battery load tester that will be accurate and save you money in the long run.
Depending on your needs, the features of a battery load testers can vary from basic assessments to the ability to print out its results. Do your research to make sure the tester you are considering is accurate and user-friendly since an inaccurate reading can leave you stranded. Also, make sure that the tester has the features that you need and, most importantly, works on the type of vehicle battery that you have.