An ankle brace for basketball is a fabric worn around the ankle to protect an athlete from injury while playing. Besides protecting the ankle from injury, the ankle braces for basketball may also boost the recovery process of an injured ankle by supporting and compressing the injured muscles and tendons.
The best ankle braces for basketball are designed from a breathable fabric that is light in weight. Furthermore, the recommended ankle braces are comfortable to wear and they last long. Herein, we have analyzed some of the best ankle braces in the market that will help you improve your athletic performance.
10. Faswin Ankle Brace with a Compression Wrap
This black colored nonslip ankle brace has easy-to-adjust straps that fit firmly around your ankles. It is intended to support weak and injured ankles alongside shielding the ankles from injury while engaged in sport. The Velcro straps on the ankle brace help you rub it firmly around your ankle, thereby eliminating issues of slipping while you are engaged.
- Faswin Ankle brace is made of a breathable fabric.
- The ankle brace’s lightweight nature eliminates unnecessary weight.
- You can use one brace around any foot.
- The standard package lacks an instruction manual to guide new users.
9. Cramer’s Rigid Ankle Brace
This ankle brace from Cramer exists in black and white colors. The ankle brace reduces pain around the injured wrist, it supports the injured tissues and muscles, and it protects your ankles from re-injury. A bilateral hinge on this brace allows you to move freely while using the brace.
Other Topic: Top 15 Volleyball Ankle Braces 2018 Reviews
- It is specially designed for athletes who play basketball and other games like volleyball.
- The ankle brace’s neoprene padding is comfortable, and you can wear the brace for long.
- It has straps that let you fit it tightly around your ankle.
- At first, the ankle brace may be challenging to strap on.
8. Adizero Ankle Brace
This adizero ankle brace from Adidas is available in Grey, white and black colors and it comes in different sizes. The ankle brace supports weak ankles alongside protecting them from injury while you are playing basketball. Its light weight lets you use the brace while engaged in sports.
- This is a washable ankle brace.
- Its intelligent design prevents your ankle from rolling over when you are in motion.
- Adizero’s size variation helps you purchase a size that fits comfortably around your ankle.
- Since this ankle brace is foot specific, one piece will not serve all feet.
7. Venom Neoprene Ankle Brace
Venom neoprene ankle brace is available in various sizes and it features side stabilizers that support weak and injured muscles. Furthermore, this ankle brace’s contoured arch design reduces pain and inflammation on an injured ankle. Its straps and laces help you wrap the brace easily around your ankle.
- Venom ankle brace is made of a sweat resistant fabric.
- The ankle brace’s thin fabric fits comfortably in your sports shoes.
- It has a manual to help you use the ankle brace in the right way.
- You may have to wear the ankle brace with socks since the inner lining is uncomfortable.
6. SENTEQ ankle brace
This ankle brace from SENTEQ has a breathable fabric that eliminates excess temperature, letting you wear the brace for long. The SENTEQ ankle brace reduces pain, prevents injuries, and boosts recovery by increasing blood flow to the injured part. Also, the ankle brace’s elastic neoprene material gives you the appropriate compression on your ankle.
- The ankle brace is washable.
- Its different sizes lets you choose one that fits comfortably on your ankle.
- The ankle brace is FDA approved.
- A tight ankle brace might hamper blood circulation.
5. Zamst ankle brace
Zamst ankle brace for basketball features an exo-grid part that supports the injured muscles around your ankle. The ankle brace’s grip-tech lining holds the brace tightly around your ankle, thereby minimizing slipping while you are engaged in sport.
- Its adjustable fasteners help you adjust the ankle brace according to your ankle’s circumference.
- The knee brace is comfortable to wear for long.
- You may not use a single brace on both legs since the pieces are foot specific.
4. Liomor Ankle Brace
The breathable ankle brace’s reinforcement straps provide ultimate support and protection to the injured muscles and tendons on your ankle. Its breathable fabric allows aeration to the ankle, and it eliminates sweat build up. The two qualities allow you to use the ankle brace for long.
- One size can fit on most people’s feet.
- The open heel design gives you the freedom to move freely.
- Its Velcro straps hold the ankle brace firmly.
- You may not wear this ankle brace with your sneakers due to its large size.
- It may not offer appropriate support for severely injured ankles.
3. Mcdavid Ankle Brace
McDavid’s ankle brace comes in black and gray colors. Furthermore, this knee brace for basketball is available in extra small, small, medium, large, and extra large sizes. The ankle brace is made of a single layer polyester fabric that is light to give your ankle the maximum support. One piece fits both feet.
- Its padded lining provides enough comfort to let you use the brace for long.
- You can wear the brace with your shoes.
- The ankle brace’s size variation lets you purchase a size that fits comfortably on your ankle.
- The metallic loopholes for laces may feel uncomfortable when worn on bare ankles.
2. McDavid 199 Ankle Brace.
This black colored ankle brace with support stays comes in different sizes to help you secure the right size for your ankles. It features a spring steel that provides optimal support to injured ankles, thereby promoting recovery. Furthermore, the ankle brace’s breathable fabric eliminates excess heat, and it eliminates sweat to let you wear the brace for long.
- Its lightweight nature does not affect your athletic performance.
- The ankle brace fits on both legs.
- It comes in multiple sizes to help you secure one that fits you.
- The ankle brace is hard to wear with some sports shoes.
1. ASO Ankle Stabilizer
The ASO ankle brace comes in black and white colors. It features stabilizing straps that protect your ankles from injury, and they support injured muscles. The ankle brace is made of nylon, a durable and easy to wash fabric. Its elastic cuff closures hold the brace firmly around your ankle.
- It is manufactured under quality manufacturing standards.
- The ankle brace’s size variation help you purchase one that fits appropriately on your ankle.
- It is easy to wear.
- Ensure that you purchase the right size since you cannot return the ankle brace after purchasing.
Basketball is a sport that involves vigorous movements like running, dodging, and jumping implying that it will cause a lot stress to your ankles. For this reason, most basketball players have a high risk of getting an injury. A good knee brace protects you from ankle injuries, promotes recovery by supporting injured muscles, relieves pain, and boosts blood flow to the injured parts. Our best ankle braces’ list has some of the best braces for your sport.